Is there anything natural for Rheumatoid Arthritis?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Shine4Jesus

I had this disease since twelve! It limits what I am able to do. My Rheumatologist has me on Remicade which leaves me severely sick for two weeks after each treatment and I have to take it every six weeks.

Miss

May 18, 2013
Stinging nettle works great to relieve arthritis

Oct 31, 2011
Rheumatoid Arthritis reacts to any stress or resentments we feel. Here is a wonderful stress reducer:

First wash your hands as a ceremony of Christ cleansing you completely as in the Lord's Prayer. If you can think of anyone who has harmed you, give that person over to the Lord's care and release them from your thoughts.

For the next step, I think a prayer shawl is very useful. You must close out the world and concentrate on only God, this large scarf dedicated to just this can help you know you are doing that. Sit quietly under this scarf and let God take over. What happens will be just for you, personally. Be sure to include praise for your Lord in your thoughts.

S

Shine4Jesus

Rheumatoid Arthritis reacts to any stress or resentments we feel. Here is a wonderful stress reducer:

First wash your hands as a ceremony of Christ cleansing you completely as in the Lord's Prayer. If you can think of anyone who has harmed you, give that person over to the Lord's care and release them from your thoughts.

For the next step, I think a prayer shawl is very useful. You must close out the world and concentrate on only God, this large scarf dedicated to just this can help you know you are doing that. Sit quietly under this scarf and let God take over. What happens will be just for you, personally. Be sure to include praise for your Lord in your thoughts.
Thanks Redtent!
I barely use my prayer shawl, so I will try this Sunday before my next infusion on Monday. Hopefully I will not feel as sick afterwards.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You must have started with JRA, then moved to adult onset RA. I have had RA for 15 years. I have found out over the years there are different "families" of RA. They have different characteristics and are treated differently.

My RA is linear and progressive. That means that nothing makes it better except my biologic (currently Rituxan) and nothing like weather or food make it worse.

But others have intermittent RA, so natural things, stress, weather can affect them either for better or worse.

My thought is that if you have had RA this long, you are probably not going to be affected by any herbals or natural remedies. I sure tried everything, and nothing worked.

I have very vivid memories of what RA did to me when I got sick, and I would never dream of going off my meds. Even during med failures, the memory of the pain lingers on. In fact, I will take other drugs if I get bad flares, I cannot stand to know my joints are being damaged - it is not just about the pain.

The head of a rheumatology research hospital said you have to be very careful with herbal meds and other natural interventions. When Remicade first came out, they did a double blind study, with half getting the drugs, and half getting the placebo. As a control, they xrayed the hands and feet of all the study participants.

The result was that 52% of the people in the placebo group (meaning they did NOT get the drug) felt significantly better. BUT when they re-xrayed after a year, they found serious deterioration of the hands and feet of the placebo group, even though they thought they felt better. That means over half the people in a large study who thought they were getting the drug but didn't, felt better, but the damage continued.

My only suggestion, is that if Remicade is affecting you so badly, why don't you switch to a different biologic? There is Enbrel and Cimza and I was on Kineret for 5 years. Rituxan is also an infusion, but only every 6 months.

Please talk to your rheumatologist. You are young and you don't want any more damage to your joints. I strongly advise you to get a different biologic and maybe you won't go through this terrible sickness every infusion.

M

Married_Richenbrachen

I've never had arthritis, so have never used turmeric for alleviating pain, although I have eaten it on a number of occasions without ill effect. You will need to do your own research to assess the suitability.

Treat your rheumatoid arthritis naturally with curcumin: Research

These things said, I believe sicknesses can be caused by poor diet, with essential nutrients processed out of our daily food. Its possible that some herbs and foods contain essential nutrients that haven't been processed away, and we can benefit by the use of these.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Rheumatoid Arthritis, for those who do not know, is an inflammatory disease where the body attacks itself. That means not just joints, but heart, brain and kidneys. It is vital to control it, or the person is not only disabled, but also the life span is decreased significantly.

This is NOT the same disease as osteoarthritis, in which there is wear and tear on the joints, and the body tries to fix it by depositing calcium. OA can attack a single joint in an individual, RA can attack up to 100 joints, often parallel joints on each side of the body eg. both hands, both knees or both feet. RA is systemic, which means while the body is attacking itself, you also experience constant exhaustion, mental confusion because the whole body is under attack.

On top of it, everywhere you have had an RA attack in the joints, OA moves in secondary and causes more damage. So it is in the best interests of the person to stop the RA damage, or more damage will ensue.

I know many people who have tried curcumin for their RA and not had any results. I know literally hundreds of people with RA and I have never heard of one person who found any help with natural remedies. That is sad but true. I have been in many RA forums, I know people from a support group where I live, and not one person has found help from herbal remedies. Of course, I am talking about serious RA, not a few cramps in the fingers!

Once the gene for RA has been turned on, it is very difficult to turn it off. Taking a few herbs to stop it is highly ineffective, if your RA is serious. If it is not serious, well, then I encourage you to try alternative therapies.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
May 15, 2013
I had this disease since twelve! It limits what I am able to do. My Rheumatologist has me on Remicade which leaves me severely sick for two weeks after each treatment and I have to take it every six weeks.
Eat a lot of tuna with a lot of oils like palm, extra virgin olive oil , and coconut oil. You can make it into casserole, sandwiches, and salads. Make this into a daily diet of yours and you will see and love the outcome from this diet.

N

ngmoody

Well from the health perspective. I work in the health field for almost a year. I work with different people across te board. Doctors, yoga, and nurses, pta's. I work with alot of elderly people.
But back to the point. I highly recommened a water acrobics class at a local gym, commuinty center, where ever you can. I have talked many before and have alot have found relief from pain. But of course they had approval from there medical provider. Thats just my two cents. I highly encourage you to do it (of course if the meidcal approval is there and the money is there.)
God bless
Ngmoody

R

RaneyMarie

Have you heard of the Gerson Therapy? I have been watching some documentaries on it and reading some news articles. I surely think taking a look into it certainly can not do harm and basically talks about how eating organic and mainly raw (fruits & vegetables) like juicing can really help your body "heal" itself. The Therapy goes into more detail on how we can detoxify our bodies from all the chemicals and added preservatives etc.. we encounter on a daily basis. From my understanding that is not so easy as in our world today we are structured around processed foods and are bombarded by chemicals in so many things from cosmetics, to cleaners, to the air, and yes even the medications we use.

I do not have RA and will keep you and everyone in my prayers as I know a few people who do have it. I do have some chronic illness which are Chronic Fatigue, Chronic Bronchitis, Hypoglycemia, Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, Hypothyroidism, Adrenal Fatigue, oh and possibly Fibromyalgia. I am personally still trying to eliminate many things out of my own personal diet, but I have noticed with the small changes I have already made a great improvement on how I feel overall. My goal would be to finally get off the Thyroid medicine, I have only been on it for a short while (since Jan. 2013) and though it helps me greatly I would prefer to be completely medicine free. I have noticed I am highly sensitive to chemicals and tend to get an almost immediate reaction, this also includes some of the medicines I have been on, I am one of those rare people that get all of the side effects, which I have found to be worse =/. So I tend to stay away from them as much as possible and I am always looking into natural remedies and changes I can make.

Here are some links to the articles and documentaries I have found so you can take a look for yourself. Healing arthritis the Gerson way

Gerson Therapy For RA Rheumatoid Arthritis | belovedoraetlabora

DoctorYourself.com - The Gerson Therapy, reviewed by Andrew Saul

R

RaneyMarie

Oh wow for some reason not all the links are posting and I have tried to re-post them a few times without any luck.

Well here are the names of the Documentaries and where they can be found online:

"Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" by Joe Cross
Can be found at it's own website fatsickandnearlydead.com or on hulu and youtube.

"The Beautiful Truth" by Steve Kroschel
Can be found on youtube also can be watched on netflix

"The Gerson Miracle" by Steve Kroschel
Can be found on youtube

Also on youtube if you look up gersoninstitute you should be able to come across several youtube posts on the Gerson Therapy.

I hope some of these help on your search.
Take care and God Bless! ;)

H

havva

DearShine4Jesus, I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I pray that God will bring strength and complete healing to you. My mother has RA and is on Remicade (every 8 wks). She takes Glucosamine Chondroitin (liquid) along with her other medicines and avoids certain foods (potatoes, eggplants, tomatoes, dairy products, certain fish etc) that can trigger inflammation. Her diet consists of several anti-inflammatory food products and it seems to be helping her a lot. Don't know if you're familiar with Mung beans but it's an anti-inflammatory food with other health benefits. Do try it if you haven't already. Wishing you God's blessings and healing. God be with you.

N

Newme

Hi, so sorry to hear of your pain. My mom has RA but has been in remission for many years now. With her, she never stopped moving. Even on days when she didn't feel like doing a thing, she always made sure she did some physical activity, as much as she could bear. Her theory was she needs to keep moving or else her joints seize up and feel worse.

I agree with the previous poster with respect to foods in the category of "nightshade" plants. Apparently these foods (tomato, potato) aggravate symptoms.

I have faith The Lord will heal you as he did my mom.

L

S

sad

turmeric- The indian spice cuts inflammation and thus cuts the pain- then as take it it help right a way but also take it everyday and it helps ward off and helps your liver as well in return helps everything else. I cannot take that stuff it made me sick. I do take cellcept and leaves me with no side effects 500mg morning-afternoon -night and Im good I just fight fatique but its better than being in constant pain.