Is there really someone out there for?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dork

I've been sigle for all most three months after realizing I was in relationships I knew I shouldn't be in in the first place. After taking to my Pastor and Minister I made the decision, with the help of God, to not be in a relationship until God makes me ready and blesses me with the man that I'm suppose to be with for the rest of my life. Its hard to imagine that after all the wrong and bad relationships I've had that God would bless me with someone that is going to make me happy, but I believe that he will give me my hearts desire. Its hard. The temptations is not so high for me sense I don't go out, but I have to pray for strength not to fall back into bad habits. Be patient and pray and God will BLESS you with all your hearts desires and more.

L

LoVeRoFmYsOuL

I would say,
everything what mankind say about, dont wait but do something; hurry before you´re too late; do some research for experience etc., I think all that is what the world wants you to do. It makes you hopeless and feel like you are not worthed to be here. From the perspectives of men, it makes sense, but don´t forget who is the Maker of all, who is GOD. Don´t let guilt feelings letting you down, trust in GOD, through good and better days. Everything is good cause everything is from GOD. Try to be positive and keep praying. The day will come.

J

jhesmack

I believe so, but I dont believe that one should sit around and wait for love to happen . You need to do your part and be open. Appreciate the people around you, those that you meet everyday or with you almost everday. Who knows the person that you are waiting for is your best friend.. Just waitinng for you to take notice of the special attention he sis giving you..:)

sweetnshy

Sep 10, 2003
I tend to agree with Groundhog on this one. Most people do marry, but God never promised to give everyone a husband/wife. I know some people have brought up Psalm 37:4, but obviously not ALL of our desires will be fulfilled because we don't get everything we want. I knew someone who wanted to go overseas and do missionary work full-time, and every time he tried to do it, the door closed. He ended up being a youth pastor at a church here in the US. Wanting to do missions work overseas was a godly desire, and it went unfulfilled, simply because God had a different plan for him. I also know a few older people who never married and always wanted to, it just never happened. However, I will say that if it's God's plan for you to stay single, He will take care of you and will probably put so many other things in your life that you won't feel like your life is incomplete by not having a mate. But most people do marry, so the odds are good. :)

T

Tulips

Hi im single too and it aint easy. Im actually hoping to meet up with a Male Maori from here in New Zealand

T

Trueworshiper512

I am a single guy and I have never experienced marriage, but the Lord has shared with me through his word on which the kind of confidence these kind of relationships should be founded. I use to be very worried that I would either never find someone that would be for me or that I would rush into a relationship that would be disasterous for me in many aspects, mentally, emotionally and above all spiritually.

There are two scriptures that I have built my confidence upon:

One is found in 1 Corinthians 4:7, "What do you have that you did not recieve?". Now think of this in a term for having specific desires in your heart like wanting to be with a man or woman in a relationship. God wouldn't give us a desire for a man or woman and then release us to go find someone on our own! Not in a million years, God has created someone for all of his children that he has planted that desire and predestined to be together with another.
The second is in Psalms 139 saying, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made." That shows me that God isn't going to do something half-way. He is going to not only provide the desire, but the person that he originally created to one day be with you as well. Let that be your confidence. That way, you won't strive to find someone in your life and worry about what kind of person they will turn out to be, just have faith in the Lord's judgement. Matthew 6:27 says, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
I know saying that Mr. or Mrs. right is out there somewhere has been thrown around alot, but I am convienced by the very spirit dwelling in me that she is out there and God will bring me and her together in his timing and not mine.

Another great scripture is in 1 John 5:14-15: "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have what we asked of him."