Is this biblical?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So a long time ago i had a daydream, and I still today think of this daydream and it involves the bible and the holy spirit but I was wondering if this is biblical and what does it mean if it was actually from God because sometimes i have prophetic daydreams and sometimes they are just normal daydreams.

So anyways I am on my bed with the bible in front of me, I close my eyes and make myself open to the spirit of God and put my right hand on the bible. Suddenly as I do this from the bible I am consumed by the holy spirit, the holy spirit came as a swirling fire and the colors of the rainbow blends perfectly with it.

I open my eyes and they like Jesus' eyes are ablaze with an intense fire, there is such power in those eyes and the bible is suddenly like an open book to me. I mean the bible is like the earths crust, there are thousands of layers and I have access to all of it. at the same time as I look at the bible I see the power and love of God flowing through the pages.

I could never find any scripture to fit this but I was wondering if this is biblical at all? and if it is is there a meaning to it?

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Sounds like the lyrics you would expect to find in the Sgt Pepper album.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
sorry I have no clue who that is but I assume it's a good thing:]

Feb 16, 2011
The first time I saw the Spirit I had my doubts even though I had heard of it happening. I did not believe people who said they saw Him until it happened to me more than once. Your experience is definitly valid.

M

marrion

YOU ARE TRULY BLESSED.WITHOUT THE GUIDANCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO READ THE BIBLE WITH CLEAR UNDERSTANDING.YOUR DREAM ALSO REMINDS ME OF THE SCRIPTURE 'Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.'2CORINTHIANS 3:6
Before i was filled with the holy spirit the bible seemed very condemning to me whenever i would read it.i felt like a complete failure but after i received the holy spirit the bible became like a love letter from Jesus to me and all his children.its also great to read with the holy spirit because you see revelation almost everywhere in the scriptures.yout dream also reminds me of the scripture'At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.'matt 11:25
.i could go on and on.this is such an inspiring and intense dream.

N

nathan3

You can never find scriptures to fit this ,because like you said, your eyes are close and your daydreaming . -_-

Open your eyes, and open your Bible, stop day dreaming and study to show your self approved before God. That is the way the Holy Spirit will help you learn what is actually written in God's Words.

Dec 21, 2012
I'm from California, :cool: I can explain.

Here's some song lyrics from Sgt. Peppers:

Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly,
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Cellophane flowers of yellow and green,
Towering over your head.
Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes,
And she's gone.
Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain
Where rocking horse people eat marshmallow pies,
Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers,
That grow so incredibly high.
Newspaper taxis appear on the shore,
Waiting to take you away.
Climb in the back with your head in the clouds,
And you're gone.
Picture yourself on a train in a station,
With plasticine porters with looking glass ties,
Suddenly someone is there at the turnstyle,
The girl with the kaleidoscope eyes.
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
And somebody spoke and I went into a dream
I read the news today oh, boy
Four thousand holes in blackburn, lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the albert hall

Jul 25, 2013
Ya it was a good thing alright ..it was a group of 4 people that thought they were bigger and better than Christ because they drew in a much larger crowd in strawberry fields over Christs sermon on the mount.

W

wwjd_kilden

Well, the things with such happenings is

- One should be careful not to ignore it if God is speaking
- One should be careful not to interpret what is really just dreams/ daydreams as messages from God.

Sadly I don't have any magical tricks for knowing what is what, but I do know that if God is trying to tell you something, He will make it more clear to you if you ask Him to.

C

CoooCaw

so give us an example of a specific new insight

So a long time ago i had a daydream, and I still today think of this daydream and it involves the bible and the holy spirit but I was wondering if this is biblical and what does it mean if it was actually from God because sometimes i have prophetic daydreams and sometimes they are just normal daydreams.

So anyways I am on my bed with the bible in front of me, I close my eyes and make myself open to the spirit of God and put my right hand on the bible. Suddenly as I do this from the bible I am consumed by the holy spirit, the holy spirit came as a swirling fire and the colors of the rainbow blends perfectly with it.

I open my eyes and they like Jesus' eyes are ablaze with an intense fire, there is such power in those eyes and the bible is suddenly like an open book to me. I mean the bible is like the earths crust, there are thousands of layers and I have access to all of it. at the same time as I look at the bible I see the power and love of God flowing through the pages.

I could never find any scripture to fit this but I was wondering if this is biblical at all? and if it is is there a meaning to it?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Ya it was a good thing alright ..it was a group of 4 people that thought they were bigger and better than Christ because they drew in a much larger crowd in strawberry fields over Christs sermon on the mount.
Oh I see... Ouch

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
so give us an example of a specific new insight
I cannot right now because this didn't actually happen but trust me if i come across such an insight I will post it

R

reject-tech

Sounds like the lyrics you would expect to find in Psalms 104