Is this the end for me? I'm so sad (urgent prayer request)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
God is not the author of confusion, neither is there any darkness in him, he loves you with an ever lasting love, and wants the best for you. You are thinking that the guy you are with is bringing you down, listen to your heart, and it seems to be saying to distance yourself from him, I would start right away, and pray against any soul ties that may have been established with him, binding and breaking them, and commanding that they leave you, also a Christian counselor may be able to help you thru this difficult time, it will be worth the time and effort and money involved if you can get some peace, there is a link on the bottom of my post, titled Who does Christ say that I am? It might be very helpful to read and reread that post daily, and to meditate on it, to pray about it, and to take it to heart, God bless you and keep you, amen. Also medication may be helpful too, at least for awhile to help you get stabilized, I took Pristiq at one time, it is pricey but was very effective for me, and you might be able to get a discount from the company if you will contact them.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
Gonna be honest with my emotions, and my self..

I've been struggling with depression for MANY MANY MANY years and it's getting harder as I grow older. I am very blessed. I have a great life, but I feel empty. I feel alone, I feel uncared for, and not important. I don't think anyone truly sees me or appreciates who I am. I cannot even smile without twitching because that's how hard it is for me to relax.. I am tired of being a light when I feel so dark inside.. I really do not like sharing my personal information on all my struggles, but my spirit literally feels weak and I feel so dead inside... I can't handle my unhappiness, I feel like the relationship with the guy I've been with for 5 years has caused me great sadness inside as well. I just need some prayers please.. I feel like this is the end for me.
Hello Sunlight77!

I am sorry regarding your depression. I believe that believers deal with this in one form or another. We always have to remember that Jesus said that we would have trials and tribulation. As believers in Christ, we are to be prepared to keep our testimony of Jesus and the word of God even in the face of persecution and death. That said, everything else that God allows us to go through in life, whether it be financial, spiritual, physical, mental, etc., is for the testing of our faith. Whatever I go through in life that is for the testing of my faith, I think about all that Job went through. I put myself in his place. In one day he lost all of his children and all of his wealth. Afterwards his health was taken also. I also think about all that Paul went through. And of course the humiliation and painful death that the Lord endured on behalf of every believer. In comparison, we haven't gone through anything close to that.

However, my concern is your statement which says, "I feel like the relationship with the guy I've been with for 5 years has caused me great sadness," begs the question, "are you two married?" And if not, this would be a major cause of your problem and that because you would both be willfully living a sexually immoral life style, which is sin against God, which would mean that you are not in a right state with Him and that He is not going to bless that relationship. That said, I remind you that the word of God states that no one who is willfully living according to the sinful nature will inherit the kingdom of God. If this is in deed your status, then you have wandered away from the truth and in that wandered state are accumulating sin, which leads to death (eternal separation from God.)

All this being true, then you need to search your heart and pray about this and repent and correct the problem. For as long as you remain in that state, it is sin against God and your relationship will not be blessed.

I will keep you in prayer, that the peace of God which transcends all understanding will rest upon you and His Holy Spirit comfort you.

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
For the Lord God is a sun (keyword: sun) and shield (Psalm 84:11)

May God be your sunlight

Feb 3, 2018
Hello Sunlight77!

I am sorry regarding your depression. I believe that believers deal with this in one form or another. We always have to remember that Jesus said that we would have trials and tribulation. As believers in Christ, we are to be prepared to keep our testimony of Jesus and the word of God even in the face of persecution and death. That said, everything else that God allows us to go through in life, whether it be financial, spiritual, physical, mental, etc., is for the testing of our faith. Whatever I go through in life that is for the testing of my faith, I think about all that Job went through. I put myself in his place. In one day he lost all of his children and all of his wealth. Afterwards his health was taken also. I also think about all that Paul went through. And of course the humiliation and painful death that the Lord endured on behalf of every believer. In comparison, we haven't gone through anything close to that.

However, my concern is your statement which says, "I feel like the relationship with the guy I've been with for 5 years has caused me great sadness," begs the question, "are you two married?" And if not, this would be a major cause of your problem and that because you would both be willfully living a sexually immoral life style, which is sin against God, which would mean that you are not in a right state with Him and that He is not going to bless that relationship. That said, I remind you that the word of God states that no one who is willfully living according to the sinful nature will inherit the kingdom of God. If this is in deed your status, then you have wandered away from the truth and in that wandered state are accumulating sin, which leads to death (eternal separation from God.)

All this being true, then you need to search your heart and pray about this and repent and correct the problem. For as long as you remain in that state, it is sin against God and your relationship will not be blessed.

I will keep you in prayer, that the peace of God which transcends all understanding will rest upon you and His Holy Spirit comfort you.
Thank you for this. :/

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
Somehow my "inner persona" softened and become "child-like", I saw myself as if I'm a little child "wishing upon a star" or "feeling excited to receive a Christmas gift" as if expecting to see something
special, and I prayed with an inner child, "I want you in my life"
this is my favorite part of my own testimony

and I hope you can experience child-like joy, it's been a long time, isn't it

Feb 3, 2018
Such a LONG TIME. What does that even feel like?

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
many times, the sky feels like a big lonesome sky to you

close your eyes and picture yourself like you are a child, writing wishes you want God to grant to you (for example: to be freed, to have peace, to experience joy, to be understood, to fit it) on balloons, and look up to the sky and be like "God, I want you to catch these balloons, and grant me these wishes" and release those balloons and watch it go up and up for God to catch them

may this help

Apr 17, 2019
Depression is all too common; even individuals mentioned in the Bible suffered from depression at times. The apostle Paul knew what it was like to be depressed. “In fact,” said he, “when we arrived in Macedonia, our flesh got no relief . . . There were fights without, fears within. Nevertheless God, who comforts those laid low, comforted us by the presence of Titus.” (2 Corinthians 7:5, 6) Paul’s depression was caused by several distressing situations occurring at the same time. There were “fights without”—severe persecution imperiling life itself. (Compare 2 Corinthians 1:8.) Moreover, there were “fears within” in the form of worries about the congregations, such as the one in Corinth.

Additionally, feelings of worthlessness are a big factor in depression. Perhaps because of an unhappy childhood, some Christians have low self-esteem. But even though physical, emotional, or sexual abuse in the past has left emotional scars, this does not change a person’s worth. Thus, you must strive to have a balanced view of your true value as a person. “I would say to every one of you,” urged the apostle Paul, “not to estimate himself above his real value, but to make a sober rating of himself.” (Romans 12:3, Charles B. Williams) While guarding against arrogance, you should try not to go to the other extreme. Those who have a relationship with God are precious, desirable to him, for he selects humans to become his “special property.” What an outstanding privilege!—Malachi 3:17; Haggai 2:7.

Also, what an honor to be “God’s fellow workers” by engaging in the Christian work of disciple making. (1 Corinthians 3:9; Matthew 28:19, 20) Many depressed Christians have found that this work builds self-worth. All of us have flaws and weaknesses. Yet, we have strengths as well. The apostle Paul did not expect excellence of himself in all his endeavors. “Even if I am unskilled in speech, I certainly am not in knowledge,” he stated. Paul did not feel inferior simply because he may not have excelled as a public speaker. (2 Corinthians 11:6) Likewise, depressed ones should focus on the things that they do well. “Wisdom is with the modest ones,” or with those who recognize and accept their limitations. (Proverbs 11:2) Each of us is a unique soul with differing circumstances, physical stamina, and abilities. As you serve God whole-souled, doing what you can, he is pleased. (Mark 12:30-33) God is not one who is never satisfied with the efforts of his devoted worshipers.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
My Sweet child,my son was bi-polar , heard voices....on street drugs ! I know where you are! Even after he was saved,he still had mental issues and fought the temptation of drugs! On the flip side,he truly loved ppl,was a great artist,was always reading the word and thanking God...... I miss him so! His favorite song he played and sang when it got bad for him was" Redeemed" by Big Daddy Weave! It strengthened him to see how far God had redeemed him.... I had it played at his memorial( tears now that hurt but are cleansing!) I am praying for you Dear as are many others! God sometimes used that small still voice" Look up child"! In love..... Lawhana

Jul 17, 2019
Miss @Sunlight77

My prayer for you is this: May you have the strength to raise your toddler and for your boyfriend to be more supportive of you and for your heart to be able to trust God's protection (no matter how you feel) and for these words to speak to you

amen

ddoody10

Jun 5, 2019
Ireland
Sunlight 66...Greetings from Ireland! So I've been going through anxiety/depression recently too, don't forget that you have a Heavenly Father who will fight for you, feel safe in His arms... He loves you more than you can ever imagine. He's literally propped me up in some very dark and depressed moments in my life and has taken away my suffering before. And He loves you too. I pray that He turns the darkness into light for you, in Jesus' name, amen.

ddoody10

Jun 5, 2019
Ireland
Sunlight 66...Greetings from Ireland! So I've been going through anxiety/depression recently too, don't forget that you have a Heavenly Father who will fight for you, feel safe in His arms... He loves you more than you can ever imagine. He's literally propped me up in some very dark and depressed moments in my life and has taken away my suffering before. And He loves you too. I pray that He turns the darkness into light for you, in Jesus' name, amen.
Apologies, that should have said 'Sunlight 77'