Isaiah 45:17 KJV versus SAAS (OSB).

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

Two conflicting versions of the "Bible". That is, two conflicting English-language translations.

Isaiah 45:17 KJV (King James Version): "But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end."

Isaiah 45:17 SAAS OSB (Saint Athanasius Academy Septuagint, Orthodox Study Bible): "Israel is saved by the Lord with an everlasting salvation. They will not be ashamed or disgraced forever."

Which one which version is correct?

The SAAS OSB.

See the KJV: Jesus Christ our Saviour speaking. Matthew 24:25 KJV: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."

God bless you. Amen. In Erie PA USA Scott R. Harrington August 2011 AD

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I don't see the difference. They are both saying the same things.

S

Scotth1960

I don't see the difference. They are both saying the same things.
Dear Grandpa,

The King James Version says the world will be without end.

The Saint Athanasius Academy Septuagint Orthodox Study Bible does not have the words "world without

end".

The verse in St. Matthew's Gospel says, Christ says, "Heaven and earth shall pass away ...".

If heaven and earth shall pass away, the "world cannot be ... "without end". So The Verse in the KJV

is False.

God bless you.

In Erie Scott

Nov 23, 2011
Dear Grandpa,

The King James Version says the world will be without end.

The Saint Athanasius Academy Septuagint Orthodox Study Bible does not have the words "world without

end".

The verse in St. Matthew's Gospel says, Christ says, "Heaven and earth shall pass away ...".

If heaven and earth shall pass away, the "world cannot be ... "without end". So The Verse in the KJV

is False.

God bless you.

In Erie Scott

Friends: Does anyone out there even have an opinion on this thread of mine? Just wondering!

In Christ's love, God bless you all! Amen. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington January 2012 AD

B

babyboyblue

Well the KJV says that Israel WILL be saved and will not be ashamed in the world without end. Speaking of Future.

The SAAS version says Israel IS saved. I'm partial to KJV :)

R

Romansonetwentytwo

The KJV is false? Over what a tried and true translation like the one compared here that gets it's NT from the NKJV? Lol, that's my opinion on your thread.

Nov 23, 2011
Romansonetwentytwo;617565 said:
The KJV is false? Over what a tried and true translation like the one compared here that gets it's NT from the NKJV? Lol, that's my opinion on your thread.

The KJV IS FALSE in HEBREWS 6:6! It says "IF" and the GREEK DOES NOT SAY "IF". It says "And having fallen away ...." not "If they should fall away ..."

B

babyboyblue

The KJV IS FALSE in HEBREWS 6:6! It says "IF" and the GREEK DOES NOT SAY "IF". It says "And having fallen away ...." not "If they should fall away ..."

There are other typos in there as well, but it's still the best on the block. It was good enough for the reformers and it's good enough for me. We should compare scripture upon scripture and line upon line and rely on the Holy Spirit for truth. At least It doesn't take out entire verses like the NIV.

R

Romansonetwentytwo

Did I post that there was no errors in the KJV?

Nov 23, 2011
There are other typos in there as well, but it's still the best on the block. It was good enough for the reformers and it's good enough for me. We should compare scripture upon scripture and line upon line and rely on the Holy Spirit for truth. At least It doesn't take out entire verses like the NIV.

So Scripture is "not Christian"? That's what your biography says in your self-description. Strange.
So it doesn't matter if KJV has error in it? What if the KJV ADDS verses that should not be in the Bible, rather than the NIV taking verses out? This needs to be studied prayerfully. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. The NIV is correct in some places, the KJV is correct in other places. Maybe they both need correcting! By the Holy Spirit!

R

Romansonetwentytwo

So Scripture is "not Christian"? That's what your biography says in your self-description. Strange.
So it doesn't matter if KJV has error in it? What if the KJV ADDS verses that should not be in the Bible, rather than the NIV taking verses out? This needs to be studied prayerfully. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. The NIV is correct in some places, the KJV is correct in other places. Maybe they both need correcting! By the Holy Spirit!
Adds versus?! Based on what manuscripts? So you start with SAAS and then go to the NIV? Both perversions to God's word so I guess I get the relation between the two.

E

eternally-gratefull

This is a poor argument,

Saying "if" or "and have" does not change the meaning of the passage.

"it is impossible" if they fall away, to renew them to repentance.

"it is impossible" and having fallen away to renew them to repentance.

the meaning of the verse does not change, someone who has fallen away can never be re saved "renewed to repentance" they would be lost forever. so it does not matter if you put the word "if" or not.

the reader thus has to figure out why they would put Christ to open shame. and crucify him again.

B

babyboyblue

I agree. Holy Spirit is to lead into all truth.

B

babyboyblue

I have my spiritual status as "not christian". Not that the scripture is. What does my spiritual status has to do with the bible?

So it doesn't matter if KJV has error in it? What if the KJV ADDS verses that should not be in the Bible, rather than the NIV taking verses out?
Can you provide an example where the KJV adds a verse please? I would like to read it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2010
Two conflicting versions of the "Bible". That is, two conflicting English-language translations.

Isaiah 45:17 KJV (King James Version): "But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end."

Isaiah 45:17 SAAS OSB (Saint Athanasius Academy Septuagint, Orthodox Study Bible): "Israel is saved by the Lord with an everlasting salvation. They will not be ashamed or disgraced forever."

Which one which version is correct?

The SAAS OSB.

See the KJV: Jesus Christ our Saviour speaking. Matthew 24:25 KJV: "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away."

God bless you. Amen. In Erie PA USA Scott R. Harrington August 2011 AD

Heaven and earth will pass away.That is why the Bible says that the heavens,the elements,will melt with fervent heat.The Bible says that hell is in the lower parts of the earth.Death and hell will be cast in to the lake of fire,and since hell is in the lower parts of the earth,then the earth will be cast in to the lake of fire.

The reason that the current heaven and earth have to pass away is because they have been tainted with sin,and must be purged with fire and be no more.There cannot be a make over of the current heaven and earth and then they are alright,and we are moving from the physical world to the spiritual world,so they have to pass away anyway.

Lucifer tainted heaven with sin with his rebellion causing some of the angels to rebel with him.Mankind has tainted earth with their sin by their rebellion,so heaven and earth must be purged with fire and be no more.The saints receive the Holy Spirit and with fire,for they are purged of their sins,and all sin must be purged with fire,or so it seems to make sense.

The spiritual world,the New Jerusalem,will be a place wherein dwells righteousness,which means sin has never been there,and sin will never be there.There will never be rebellion again,nor will the angels there or saints ever think about rebellion,but only think the ways of the Spirit.

When the Bible says that Israel will have a world without end,it means the new earth,and not talking about this current earth.

Jesus said salvation is of the Jews,so the world is promised to them,and is their world,and the Gentiles were brought in to that salvation.

Last edited:
May 25, 2010
mpaper345;617924 Jesus said salvation is of the Jews said:
I agree that the natural universe will cease to exist, and that there will be a new heaven and new
earth. But some of the confusion is due to the fact that there are three worlds according to scipture,
the world before the Flood, the present world, and the future, perfect, spiritual world, so people
get confused about which world a certain scripture is talking about.

I agree that satan tainted heaven with sin and rebellion, but was it not Adam who ate the forbidden
fruit in the Garden of Eden, which is Eternal Paradise, and caused man to be driven from it? I say
then, is it possible that these two events are the same (assuming Adam is the devil)?

I disagree though, that the world belongs to the Jew. The Jews are only those from the tribe of Judah,
from whence Jesus came, so they are not the only benefactors of the promises GOD gave to Abraham.
Do you not know that the nation Israel is comprised of two 'houses': the house of Judah and the house
of Israel (start in Joshua 12:21, follow these two houses. Also addressed as two sisters, Judah and
Israel (Jeremiah 3)).