Israel..dorky question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tearose84

I always think of Israel living like bible times, dressed like that, living like that. It dawned on me today that maybe they have computers and Starbucks and live just like we do!

So how do the people there live???

J

jonrambo

they are still mega religeous. 2 elevators a normal one and a buttonless sabbath one. would be crazy to go and have a look some time. its still Gods nation and they will have alot to do with revelation still etc

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
yes, it is easy to forget that they are a modern nation with modern things.

D

DannyC

yes, it is easy to forget that they are a modern nation with modern things.
Modern nation, primarily secular population similar to Palestine, and the guns are definitely a hint to a modern era.

May 9, 2012
Believe it or not, most of the people living in Israel DO have technology and have jobs outside of shepherding. Yes, they are still Jews by culture however most Jews there claim to be atheists.

H

hattiebod

I always think of Israel living like bible times, dressed like that, living like that. It dawned on me today that maybe they have computers and Starbucks and live just like we do!

So how do the people there live???
It is an extremely modern nation.

images-1.jpeg

Israel has an extremely modern army, an advanced medical care provision (which they also provide to the Palestinians) & is a very modern nation but it has Gaza, which is stuck in war & abject poverty. There are the same issues in Israel as in any modern, western country, issues with drugs & alcohol, HIV, gambling, prostitution etc. The Israelis have behaved badly, the Palestinians have behaved badly but I believe Israel is relevant to us as Christians today. To think that the Israeli people are 'saved' because they are Israeli, I do not believe to be true. The Gospel applies to them too. Basically...Its very complicated! <><

D

Donkeyfish07

Israeli's really know how to party. I've met a few of them that came over here for work and I've also seen videos of the Tel Aviv nightlife. They're really modern in general.

T

Tearose84

Well..I guess I will have to stop thinking of them living in tents and making pottery.

May 9, 2012
Think of them in terms of Sodom and Gomorrah in the modern sense ;) Basically, Israel is just like every one else and has their own cultural problems.