It is finished

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Z

zaoman32

Quite sometime ago a wrote a song with some help of a friend of mine called The Curse of Sodom. The song was about being held captive by sin and temptation, and ultimately being left desolate and resorting to screaming out to God for freedom from the chains, and wreckage it left the sinner in (a song meant to relate to anyone, myself included). This is kind of a more intense form of that with a more resolved, and bold ending, in my opinion. Rather than the sin being related to as chains and bondage and all that, there's an analogy of the merry go round to relate to habitual sin. Waking up the same way every morning, going "here we go again" and our sin repeats itself, not because we screw up, but because it's so habitual we expect to screw up. From there we try grasping a hand for help, but the help we expected is not what we thought, because it is ultimately not the solution we need. Then we stand on the edge of the cliff, and with that comforting presence. While living with this habitual sin we feel, at once, the impending destruction of our spiritual lives (spiritual suicide) and the comfort of God's hand when we know him as our savior. Finally, the realization that we are no longer obligated to be bound by our sins. The things we had done that were so disrespectful to God had been crucified with Christ. We are saved by grace through faith. Faith is not just "believing" Christ died, but knowing Christ died, and knowing that death was for our sins.

Do you ever wake up in the morning,
Only to find yourself in a scenery,
vision filled with an all to familiar place?
Do you ever question your life?
"Here we are on the merry-go-round,
the life time run around in circles,
this never ending pacing and walking."
I find myself grasping for a hand
but my vision clouds and grasps the air
a materialized form from condensation
sitting on the edge of a cliff
gasping for just one more breath to live
my own eyes contemplating soul suicide
All the while with a hand on my shoulder
with a presence breathing the wind
calming my spirit in the depths of deepness
I can breathe easy in His embrace
or grasp for life, and gasp for breath alone
This idol erected deep in my soul
demanding its own worship and devotion
all the while rings a voice within the wind
"Choose this day whom you will serve"
My man made gods are dead within my soul
crucified on a cross of sin and shame
I see a man dying, suffocating his life
His breath for my sins that rejected Him
My sins that disgraced His almighty divinity
Crucified for all anyone has dealt
A single breathe rides in the wind
"It is finished"

Last edited:
K

kittycat7

Such a great Job! You really put your thought, and God's anionting to it :) "And why couldn't they go in? Because they didn't trust him." - Hebrews 3: 19

I

iTOREtheSKY

One of the best endings to any song or poem I have ever read in all my years dude......amazing!

A single breathe rides in the wind
"It is finished"

Scotty

Feb 10, 2010
I don't think you have any idea how beautiful this is.. Possibly one of the best things I've read on here, by far.

Z

zaoman32

I don't think you have any idea how beautiful this is.. Possibly one of the best things I've read on here, by far.
I think that's going a little far :p but thank you