It Is Important To Worship The Only True And Living GOD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Walter

Jul 20, 2022
Washington
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Never heard of William Dankenbring so I looked him up. I wanted to know what he specifically thought about the trinity.
This is from his site (Wow! Holy early 90s webpage Batman!)

https://www.bible.ca/su-deity-christ.htm

From the link:

The Bible teaches that Jesus is one of three separate personal beings who are divine. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are equal and have always existed. The Bible view of the divinity of Christ is categorically different from all the above. We will one day share the divine pattern of moral conduct and be equal to God in righteousness but mankind will in no sense ever be considered divine or equal to God in nature. Jesus pro-existed His physical birth: Jn 1:15 + Lk 1:24-26; Jn 1:1. Jesus created ALL THINGS and therefore is not Himself created: Jn 1:3; Col 1:16,17; Heb 1:2,10. Rev 5:13,14 pictures a scene with all creation worshipping Jesus as God: Rev 5:13,14
Hi Aaron56, I viewed some of the above material in the link, but I don't know if it is his material, but if you are interested in what we have we don't mind sharing.

Love, Walter And Debbie

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I'm pretty sure that domain has been taken over by someone else. Dankenbring didn't believe in the trinity, like most in the Hebrew roots movement. This is a more accurate statement of his belief:

"We believe in ONE God, Yehovah, as He revealed Himself in the Holy Bible (Deut. 6:4). He is God the Father and the only true God, as stated by Yeshua (John 17:3). Together with Yeshua, they are one ('echad' in the Hebrew) meaning compound unity of oneness. Yehovah is NOT a trinity. The teaching of the mainstream churches that God is a 'Trinity' composed of three Persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) is in gross error and is a pagan concept going back to Nimrod, Semiramis, and Tammuz – the original pagan 'trinity' of father, mother and child." See here: https://faithandselfdefense.com/2021/11/17/the-hebrew-roots-movement-part-2/

This is essentially Herbert W. Armstrong's position. The Father and the Word are one and the Holy Spirit is a power emanating from the Father. See the above link for Dankenbring's belief about the Holy Spirit:

“The Holy Spirit is the power of Yehovah which He uses to strengthen, teach and comfort all Christians and is also used to beget new Christians as future sons and daughters of God. The Holy Spirit is the power, essence and mind of God.”​

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Dankenbring's book The Awesome Mystery of GOD, The Father, the Logos, the Messiah, the Mystery of Christ is full of his thoughts on the trinity; he doesn't think much of it. Two chapters are dedicated to the subject.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
I'm pretty sure that domain has been taken over by someone else. Dankenbring didn't believe in the trinity, like most in the Hebrew roots movement. This is a more accurate statement of his belief:

"We believe in ONE God, Yehovah, as He revealed Himself in the Holy Bible (Deut. 6:4). He is God the Father and the only true God, as stated by Yeshua (John 17:3). Together with Yeshua, they are one ('echad' in the Hebrew) meaning compound unity of oneness. Yehovah is NOT a trinity. The teaching of the mainstream churches that God is a 'Trinity' composed of three Persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) is in gross error and is a pagan concept going back to Nimrod, Semiramis, and Tammuz – the original pagan 'trinity' of father, mother and child." See here: https://faithandselfdefense.com/2021/11/17/the-hebrew-roots-movement-part-2/

This is essentially Herbert W. Armstrong's position. The Father and the Word are one and the Holy Spirit is a power emanating from the Father. See the above link for Dankenbring's belief about the Holy Spirit:

“The Holy Spirit is the power of Yehovah which He uses to strengthen, teach and comfort all Christians and is also used to beget new Christians as future sons and daughters of God. The Holy Spirit is the power, essence and mind of God.”​
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

It also looks the the site hasn't been upgraded since 1995.