It shall bruise thy head

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 7, 2015
In Genesis 3:15 we read “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise (H7779) thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.”

In some of my other studies I tried to explain what “
it” was, as “it” was in the tail of the red dragon in the book of Revelation, and also in the little horn shown in Daniel. As “it’ would cast some of the host and stars to the ground, and even practice and prosper, and “it” would also overcome many of the saints, and “it” would also deceive the whole world. This “it” speaks of the spirit of a lie, which by the way would also cause the head wound to the serpents seed.

Notice the word bruise in the above verse is the strong’s number H7779. This word in the Hebrew is also shown as
cover in Psalm 139:11 “If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover ( H7779) me; even the night shall be light about me.”

This is also why Satan (father of
lies) is shown as the “covering cherub” in Ezekiel 28:16 because the lie tries to cover up the Truth. Just as the tail of the dragon represents the prophet that teaches lies in
Isaiah 9:15 “The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail.”

This is also what the
little horn would do in the world Daniel 8:12 “And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.”

And that is also how Satan has
deceived the whole world…by the spirit of covering that covers the mind from receiving the Spirit of Truth. This covering is the carnal mind that works like a vail of covering, and keeps one from understanding the spiritual things of God.

This head wound would cause darkness, or spiritual blindness to fall not only on the minds the
firstborn of Israel, but also the firstborn of the whole world.

Psalm 110:6 “He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.”

2 Corinthians 4:4 “
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”

2 Thessalonians 2:7 “For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.”

Romans 11:25“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.”

Revelation 13:3“And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.”

Ezekiel 21:25 “And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,”

Jan 7, 2015
2 Corinthians 3:14
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

S

sveinen

The Cross.