It's a bit weird..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 18, 2019
But sometimes I feel so happy being with God, I hug myself thinking about God and meaning to show affection towards God. Is this selfish? Sometimes people say they can hug God through hugging other people, but sometimes I can be way to passionate in a hug for God and stay for awhile hugging someone and I feel awkward...

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
But sometimes I feel so happy being with God, I hug myself thinking about God and meaning to show affection towards God. Is this selfish? Sometimes people say they can hug God through hugging other people, but sometimes I can be way to passionate in a hug for God and stay for awhile hugging someone and I feel awkward...
Perfectly normal and not selfish.

Here's something to think about: it's actually God showing his love for you, you are simply reflecting back his love.

Jan 18, 2019
Perfectly normal and not selfish.

Here's something to think about: it's actually God showing his love for you, you are simply reflecting back his love.
Thank you for replying! I was so paranoid if i was selfish or not... Thank you for helping clear things up. God bless you

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
Women often give me a hug after a discussion about them.

T

tasha66

I found your post a wee bit rambling - didn't really understand it all TBH.
I met a guy last year when I travelled away for work, who ended up hugging me VERY tightly & passionately to the point where I felt almost violated - I hardly knew this person. I was trying to be nice (as women are brought up to be 'nice' & not hurt anyone's feelings) & push him off of me. It was odd to say the least, but he was naturally affectionate as they did it in his family. He hugged & kissed everybody in a friendly way, & after a while when I & other women got to know him, it didn't seem out of the ordinary. We were all mates & helped each other out with different things. I myself made it clear we were just mates & I was not interested in any sort of relationship with him.
However he didn't understand social boundaries, & his hands went a bit too far for my liking one day; he was also drunk when he grabbed me for a hug. He also started bothering me, ie: knocking on my door at 7 am & at all hours. When I & some people complained to the manager about him, he isolated himself away from us - his constant drinking & dope smoking (i found out re this later) also made him paranoid too. This man had to be one of the most insecure people I have met - and that's saying alot as mental health is my job! He was asked to leave & lost his accommodation due to this & many other reasons.
So just be careful when hugging people, especially women. I know now to 'guard my heart' & if anyone goes to hug me now, I either put out my hand for them to shake, and or tell them I don't like being hugged, as we don't do that in our family. Hugging, especially people you hardly know, can be seen as an invasion of personal space. I stand up for myself, as many, MANY men I've met think it's their personal right to just hug every woman they come in contact with. Men don't like strong women telling them no it's NOT OK for you to just man handle me - and that is the way it should be. You need a woman's permission before you can touch her.
I don't know why you think hugging yourself for God is selfish (don't understand this bit TBH), but I do think you need to back off a wee bit. Talking to people & telling them about God is just as effective.
Man handling people & women especially, & hugging them all the time to me just comes across as creepy *shudders*.
You should be careful you don't get a bad reputation.

Jan 18, 2019
I found your post a wee bit rambling - didn't really understand it all TBH.
I met a guy last year when I travelled away for work, who ended up hugging me VERY tightly & passionately to the point where I felt almost violated - I hardly knew this person. I was trying to be nice (as women are brought up to be 'nice' & not hurt anyone's feelings) & push him off of me. It was odd to say the least, but he was naturally affectionate as they did it in his family. He hugged & kissed everybody in a friendly way, & after a while when I & other women got to know him, it didn't seem out of the ordinary. We were all mates & helped each other out with different things. I myself made it clear we were just mates & I was not interested in any sort of relationship with him.
However he didn't understand social boundaries, & his hands went a bit too far for my liking one day; he was also drunk when he grabbed me for a hug. He also started bothering me, ie: knocking on my door at 7 am & at all hours. When I & some people complained to the manager about him, he isolated himself away from us - his constant drinking & dope smoking (i found out re this later) also made him paranoid too. This man had to be one of the most insecure people I have met - and that's saying alot as mental health is my job! He was asked to leave & lost his accommodation due to this & many other reasons.
So just be careful when hugging people, especially women. I know now to 'guard my heart' & if anyone goes to hug me now, I either put out my hand for them to shake, and or tell them I don't like being hugged, as we don't do that in our family. Hugging, especially people you hardly know, can be seen as an invasion of personal space. I stand up for myself, as many, MANY men I've met think it's their personal right to just hug every woman they come in contact with. Men don't like strong women telling them no it's NOT OK for you to just man handle me - and that is the way it should be. You need a woman's permission before you can touch her.
I don't know why you think hugging yourself for God is selfish (don't understand this bit TBH), but I do think you need to back off a wee bit. Talking to people & telling them about God is just as effective.
Man handling people & women especially, & hugging them all the time to me just comes across as creepy *shudders*.
You should be careful you don't get a bad reputation.

I ask permission from friends for hugs. I'm sorry I bothered you. I hug myself at times because I feel trouble feeling loved either that or I'm overwhelmed with love for God. I'm sorry if may have bothered you. That was never my intention.

T

tasha66

I ask permission from friends for hugs. I'm sorry I bothered you. I hug myself at times because I feel trouble feeling loved either that or I'm overwhelmed with love for God. I'm sorry if may have bothered you. That was never my intention.
You didn't bother me, I was just trying to give you a wee warning that is all.
It just seemed strange to me personally, that is all.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Thank you for replying! I was so paranoid if i was selfish or not... Thank you for helping clear things up. God bless you
idk, just be careful about narcissism. It can crop up when you keep "everything" private. We are meant to share, not hide it under a bushel. A little privacy is fine though, there are some things I haven't ever shared with people and I share "a lot"

I've experienced what you described but I don't hug other people unless they hug me. I don't shun it, and maybe like 3-4 times in my life I have asked. I like the feeling and it is a unique way to show affection... I feel that with animals though and I do hug the dog occasionally and it feels nice. I personally don't like that I seem to "need" this type of contact at certain points but I can't say I don't love it.

bit hard to describe really. Intimacy is hard for me, and usually somewhat awkward. I'm glad I have some people that like hugging and initiate it.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI

Super Big Hug