It's all about ME! ask anything you like about my biblical beliefs.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

unclefester

he's in The Gospel of John video.
a Lutheran Production.
he plays the role of Jesus.
its verbatim NIV (nothing added or removed).
on location.
first rate.
can be found free online (Youtube etc).
I'm downloading it right now. Wanna see it in it's best quality :)

S

Scotth1960

I'm downloading it right now. Wanna see it in it's best quality :)
I don't generally endorse any dramatizations of the Life of Christ. They are usually not called for. But I think the Mel Gibson movie was over-promoted and rejoices too much in the sufferings of Christ. It is too hard to watch. We shouldn't be glad of what happened to Christ. I'm sure that was not the intent of the film, but the film is too sensationalistic. ISTM, the best version of the Gospels on films is the 1977 film by Sir Lew Grade in England, Jesus of Nazareth. Other than the fact the Robert Powell has blue eyes, and that wouldn't probably be like Jesus, the film is fairly watchable, and the part with Powell and Ernest Borgnine as the godly Roman Centurion is very memorable. Also, the part where Powell plays the Lord when He has risen from the dead, is good for a film to show. Take care.
This is just my opinion, and I could be wrong to believe any depiction of the life of Christ on film is permissible. As long as it doesn't become an idol, the idea isn't ISTM automatically suspect or forbidden.

C

Consumed

Sorry zone I just had to respond to Scottish1960, brother best graphically portrayed visual of His crucifixion. I believe Mel took the details of it from Maria Valatores books of "poem of the man-God, the hidden years of Christ" 5 books in all. Good read I found it to be, struggled few places though it being Catholic but that's not why I mentioned that. The scenes were like out of the book
Had me in tears thinking you did that for me. Book and film on the crucifixion.

Have you read the book zone or heard of it?? Poem of the man-God hidden years of Christ?
(there I got it back on Q&A lol)

S

Scotth1960

Sorry zone I just had to respond to Scottish1960, brother best graphically portrayed visual of His crucifixion. I believe Mel took the details of it from Maria Valatores books of "poem of the man-God, the hidden years of Christ" 5 books in all. Good read I found it to be, struggled few places though it being Catholic but that's not why I mentioned that. The scenes were like out of the book
Had me in tears thinking you did that for me. Book and film on the crucifixion.

Have you read the book zone or heard of it?? Poem of the man-God hidden years of Christ?
(there I got it back on Q&A lol)
St. Paul writes, God forbid that I should glory, save in the Cross of Jesus Christ. But Catholicism takes this too far, and Mel Gibson's movie (the parts of it I have seen) show that. It over-emphasizes the sufferings of Christ, and de-emphasizes the glorious resurrection of Christ. Unless Christ be risen, our faith is in vain. The punch line is: God wins/ Christ wins. God the Father raises Christ from the dead; Christ as God is immortal, but as a man, mortal, but He can't stay dead. Christ inevitably had to rise from the dead to save us sinners. I wouldn't trust Catholic mystical teachings. They are sensationalistic and this-worldly. They aren't something approved by the historic Catholic Church. They are post-schism, and post-Filioque heresy. We should not attempt to dwell on the "hidden years of Christ". That's going too far into things not necessary for us to know.
I would not trust Maria Valatores book, because she, as a Romanist, says "Filioque".
And Roman "Catholic"Christology tends to be less accurate that the Orthodox Catholic Church's Christology. Especially since their Christology includes the papist pretensions to earthly, this-worldly power.
In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
PS Where did any of the Latin and Greek Church Fathers of the first 1054 years of the Undivided Catholic Church say anything about the "hidden years of Christ". Only if they did would it be worth considering.

S

Scotth1960

I don't generally endorse any dramatizations of the Life of Christ. They are usually not called for. But I think the Mel Gibson movie was over-promoted and rejoices too much in the sufferings of Christ. It is too hard to watch. We shouldn't be glad of what happened to Christ. I'm sure that was not the intent of the film, but the film is too sensationalistic. ISTM, the best version of the Gospels on films is the 1977 film by Sir Lew Grade in England, Jesus of Nazareth. Other than the fact the Robert Powell has blue eyes, and that wouldn't probably be like Jesus, the film is fairly watchable, and the part with Powell and Ernest Borgnine as the godly Roman Centurion is very memorable. Also, the part where Powell plays the Lord when He has risen from the dead, is good for a film to show. Take care.
This is just my opinion, and I could be wrong to believe any depiction of the life of Christ on film is permissible. As long as it doesn't become an idol, the idea isn't ISTM automatically suspect or forbidden.
Dear friends, and Zone, The comment on the film Jesus of Nazareth by a Greek Orthodox man named Stephanos gives a positive endorsement of the Robert Powell portrayal of Jesus in 1977 AD, See ROBERT POWELL COULD CONTACT US Facebook under Stephanos comment. In Erie Scott Harrington

C

Consumed

I was broken over the crucifixion not the author or filmmaker, as in Jesus dying on the cross for a wretch like me. Wasn't being theological or anything or endorsing just stated what I had read in my life. Now I feel like I'm justifying myself, no need to.

Sorry zone, for the relapse in deviating

Q how are you today?