Its not about being "good"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 20, 2011
Christ himself said when he was called "good rabbai" "Nay there is but one good, your father in heaven"
Being a Christian is not about being "good" or being "evil". It is about spiritual growth which begins with realizing the great rift between God and the individual. Nothing, no way we live, no way we act, in absolutely no way can you earn salvation. Only through the mercy of God do we exist at all. The Lord of the Universe has given a direct order, we constantly disobey, the only way this could be so is if the Lord of the Universe didn't pay attention, or the Lord of the Universe saw everything, forgiving all trangressions and ever awaiting us to come to him in love. Being "good" will not get one into heaven. It is foolish to think that going to chruch on sunday, saying a prayer now and then and telling everyone you meet about God will improve your standing with the immortal King of Kings. The Lord sees through all games, all ploys and all falsehood, but he still loves us... he loves me when i lie because he knows that i am not the lies i tell, he loves me when i forsake him because he is so good. "Acting" is not enough at all. If you find yourself acting, it is alright, but you must repent, that is change your mind, change the very manner in which you think.

Lord grant us the strengh to resist the temptation to lie through our way of life, and the courage to live a sober, righteous and godly life, so that by thine infiniante goodness we may enter thy heavenly kingdom. Grant unto us o Master the clarity to see our own faults so that we may improve ourselves, our world and our quality of life. In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit now and ever and unto ages of ages Amen.