I've never learned something about friendships that helps me in any of them

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 22, 2021
Every positive sign I've noticed anywhere, any time, has turned out to mean nothing. Even the length of time the relationship survived, or the number of times we hung out without ever having an argument, or what brought us together in the first place, all has been for naught.

It's one thing if it's just at work, church or whatever, but they don't want to maintain contact with me when they're not there (Or, they exchange contacts with me and are responsive, until we part ways due to job changes or whatever) but when a relationship does survive us not being "stuck" together on a regular basis, it unfortunately feels more like a real relationship than just a colleague.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
I work hard at avoiding "friends" who don't help make my problems go away. Did you know that that's what a True friend is . . . and does? If your "friends" do not help you with your problems, they're not genuine. Be kind to them, but I can't see one . . . single . . . reason to even care what they think or feel about you. Of what use are they if they cause you stress and strain? Forget that! Move on . . . that's what I've gone. Make new friends and be at ease as much as possible.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
Don't feel bad or sad about them...yes, we will miss them but if they don't value the friendship as much as you do...they are probably not your real friends...

You will know the real ones....The friends who you may not see very often, you may not talk very often but the moment you reconnect and talk feel like yesterday. The friends who are always there for the good and the bad...they are your true friends....The not true ones...they disappear very fast for good... 😊 meeting the not true ones will teach you who are the real ones 😊

Apr 22, 2021
I work hard at avoiding "friends" who don't help make my problems go away. Did you know that that's what a True friend is . . . and does? If your "friends" do not help you with your problems, they're not genuine. Be kind to them, but I can't see one . . . single . . . reason to even care what they think or feel about you. Of what use are they if they cause you stress and strain? Forget that! Move on . . . that's what I've gone. Make new friends and be at ease as much as possible.
The only thing my friendships or attempts at such were based on, was trying to give the other person a meaningful friendship.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
The only thing my friendships or attempts at such were based on, was trying to give the other person a meaningful friendship.
I hear you, as that had been my approach for nearly every day of my life until a few years ago. I'll be 54yo soon. What I have found is that we don't actually pick our friends . . . the Lord does. The Bible speaks about how the True Children of God will be hated by those who do not belong to our particular "family." And it indeed sounds like you might belong to the Family of Circumcision . . . and this Family is also known as the Remnant. For those who belong to God, we are like aliens in a strange and foreign land. Does this not sound like yourself? Your friends seem to continuously alienate you . . . right?

What is more, Jesus taught that in comparison to our Love for Christ, we will hate our lives. Certainly, I hate this life on planet earth, as I too am totally alone in this world. Even those modern-day "christians" want nothing to do with me, for I speak the Truth and it only angers them. So perhaps what you are experiencing are some of the Promises of God that causes you to Turn to Him and Him alone. You see, God will cause people to hate us, and cause us grief so that in the end, there is no one left by God Himself. And this is a gift!

You may well find that your life Truly is that of a miracle, in that by eliminating all of these people from your life, you will have but only one place to turn . . . to our True Father in Heaven. When there is no one in this world to comfort you, by default, and like king David, you will be forced to Turn to Christ, our God, and Father.

I hope you are encouraged by what I've written . . . as it sounds like you are living the life of suffering, but True Christian. Consider it Joy!