I've tried just about everything else...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

Ivan_Koegler

I've thought about this a lot. It's been a while since I've prayed for assistance with a problem. So long I think I've forgotten how to do it. My prayers are usually short and always consist of these words: "Dear lord, I pray you give me the courage to face my obstacles, the wisdom to do the best against these obstacles, and the determination to see them overcome. Amen." So here's me asking for help from people who probably have a better idea of what they're doing.

I'm going to avoid specifics, while being as detailed as possible. Once upon a time I was considerably more carefree. There were many more stressful factors at that time, but somehow I was very carefree. Four years later to present day and I have a steady job, I am learning what I want to learn. I push myself mentally and physically every day. I have no real financial issues. I have a roof over my head and food in the fridge (I only buy for 4 days at a time and it's the same food, but it's food and it keeps me breathing) but somehow I feel more empty and more stressed than I ever have before. I'm not asking for advice (advice would be appreciated, but not necessary), I'm just asking for someone upstairs to remind me that I'm not forgotten.

I would appreciate it.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I have often found when there is emptyness before me, it is simply because Ive lost sight of the goal, Jesus.
The goal can be in Jesus so many things, serving others, diligently seeking Jesus, or simply, living life too safe, rather than taking the steps of faith one is called to. :)
We all have times like this, look to Jesus, and He will bring your eyes where needed. :)
You are in my prayers in Jesus's name for all needed and the joy of salvation! :)

God bless
pickles

K

Kefa52

Praying that you find the peace you once had.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
You may feel empty because you are not 'serving' ...I think we all need to find an area where we sacrifice part of ourselves to further God's kingdom. Are you interacting with people? Are you helping others in some way (without payment)?

God gives us gifts and wants us to use them. Just guessing...this may not your situation. I have experienced more satisfaction in life when I'm doing something for others.

J

jkalyna

IT DOSN'T TAKE MUCH FOR JESUS TO GET CLOSER TO US. PETER CRIED LORD, SAVE ME , OR JUST ONE WORD, HELP. WHERE IS UPSTAIRS, JESUS IS WITH IN US, AS BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS, HAVE FAITH, AND HOPE IN THE LORD, PEOPLE GET DEPRESSED, DAVID ENCOURAGED HIMSELF, AND THE JOY OF THE LORD IS OUR STRENGTH GOD CARES, BUT HE IS HERE WITH US, NOT ON SOME OTHER PLANET. HE CARES, HE SAYS SO, AND HE DOSN'T LIE. TRUST HIM. JESUS REACH HIS HAND. AMEN.

Feb 11, 2012
I've thought about this a lot. It's been a while since I've prayed for assistance with a problem. So long I think I've forgotten how to do it. My prayers are usually short and always consist of these words: "Dear lord, I pray you give me the courage to face my obstacles, the wisdom to do the best against these obstacles, and the determination to see them overcome. Amen." So here's me asking for help from people who probably have a better idea of what they're doing.

I'm going to avoid specifics, while being as detailed as possible. Once upon a time I was considerably more carefree. There were many more stressful factors at that time, but somehow I was very carefree. Four years later to present day and I have a steady job, I am learning what I want to learn. I push myself mentally and physically every day. I have no real financial issues. I have a roof over my head and food in the fridge (I only buy for 4 days at a time and it's the same food, but it's food and it keeps me breathing) but somehow I feel more empty and more stressed than I ever have before. I'm not asking for advice (advice would be appreciated, but not necessary), I'm just asking for someone upstairs to remind me that I'm not forgotten.

I would appreciate it.
You are not forgotten, I would encourage you to diligently seek the truth, you seem to have it all together on the outside, but mayabe a bit lacking inside, the best thing you can do for yourself is seek the pearl of great price above all else, and make sure you have a saving faith:

The Dynamics of Faith
James 2:24 You see then how a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.(Faith alone)
Are we saved by faith alone, in Christ alone? Was Martin Luther correct when he said faith alone will save your soul? or have you been duped into the great lie of swelling words that the wolves are selling to the gullible masses, that faith isn't a dynamic working faith in love, but a faith in an illusion, that says all is done for you, it is finished, and any kind of obedient faith is considered works and earning your way into heaven.
James 2:20 But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? James makes it perfectly clear, that faith without works is a dead faith, and void of any real merit in God's eyes.
Now many think any kind of works towards our salvation will void our salvation, because they have been programmed for hundreds of years to believe Jesus is their covering and substitute, and any kind of obedience is works and takes away from what Christ did at Calvary.
What we must realize and understand is that a true working faith, that comes from a pure and undefiled heart, made pure through repentance, Act 3:19 Therefore repent and convert so that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
This working dynamic faith, is a living, breathing, obedient faith, that produces a pure heart, and spirit filled life, that is required to be saved, these works or deeds of faith, prove we have been transformed into a new creation, by walking in obedience to the word of God, not making faith out to be a works of the law, by trying to keep all the ordinations, rituals and mosaic laws, but a working faith of obedience, that was well demonstrated by Abraham. James 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works (deeds) when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
James 2:22 Do you see how faith worked with his works, and from the works faith was made complete?
So you can clearly see that a working faith in love, which is an obedient faith, is required, and comes when a true repentant heart is produced, clearing away all the vile sins and disobedience, and walking in faith (obedience) with Jesus Christ. Act 20:21 testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
A dynamic alive faith is then a joy and fruit coming out of a real conversion, which isn't in any way based on a provision or arrangement Christ made on the Cross, but a real working faith in love, which will produce good fruit, obedience, and heart purity, and will be counted(imputed) to us as righteousness.
James 2:23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was imputed to him for righteousness, and he was called the friend of God.
So when someone quotes these verses to you, Eph 2:8 For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God,
Eph 2:9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. you can tell them that it's true, we are not saved by works of the law, or by faith in another's obedience, no we are saved by having a working obedient faith, that is alive and dynamic, produced through repentance, and a working faith in love.
Faith and obedience are synonymous, or the same, not to be separated and labeled a dead faith, where obedience doesn't matter, just a trusting faith in a provision that never took place, thus leading to a false convert, void of any real obedient faith, not producing the works of righteousness. Gal 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any strength, but faith working through love. Tommy