James 4:14 Our time on earth is very short.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James 4:14.
Remember we have a very short time for storing up treasures in heaven. Look for opportunities. I keep a cooler of drinks and snacks to help out the homeless. This is one way of storing up treasures in heaven. Make use of your time and resources. I'm 69 and there were opportunities in ministries that I could have missed, if I had not been willing or able to be used.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
The nice thing with using a cooler in your car, you don't even have to leave your car to help someone. I see more families on corners with signs. I keep food items for kids too. Like the lunchables. I get ham and turkey. You do see some Muslim families that don't eat ham. Choose a variety of lunchables. No need to even get out of your car. Just roll down a window and say, "GOD bless you"

oyster67

May 24, 2014
The nice thing with using a cooler in your car, you don't even have to leave your car to help someone. I see more families on corners with signs. I keep food items for kids too. Like the lunchables. I get ham and turkey. You do see some Muslim families that don't eat ham. Choose a variety of lunchables. No need to even get out of your car. Just roll down a window and say, "GOD bless you"
Do you live in a big city?

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James 4:14.
Remember we have a very short time for storing up treasures in heaven. Look for opportunities. I keep a cooler of drinks and snacks to help out the homeless. This is one way of storing up treasures in heaven. Make use of your time and resources. I'm 69 and there were opportunities in ministries that I could have missed, if I had not been willing or able to be used.
Thank you so much for this provoking to Love and Good Works! We all need more of this.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I used to say "God bless you," now I say "in Jesus' name." In any event, what you are doing is very commendable.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
I used to say "God bless you," now I say "in Jesus' name." In any event, what you are doing is very commendable.
ALL Christians should be doing this. Jesus said to store for yourself treasures in heaven.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
ALL Christians should be doing this. Jesus said to store for yourself treasures in heaven.
I agree we're all called to serve others, not ourselves; but we each have our own calling and gifts. Perhaps your example will motivate us all to do what we should be doing.

N

notonmywatch

I was at the checkout line at the supermarket on Monday, and the man in front of me told the cashier to ring up my groceries on his bill. When I asked him why he was paying for my groceries, he told me that he was blessed of the Lord.

That was a first for me.

JohnB

Jul 31, 2022
Calif
I look at Matt 25:35-46. "
Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’
“And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’

Amazing those on his right and left did not know they were doing this to him. I wish more churches would shout out these verses and tell people the time is short for us to be doing this.