jandian - How Is VEVO Occultic?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

Ugly

Ok janadian
You said VEVO was occultic based somehow, but didn't want to explain the thread, which makes sense, so here's a thread just for you to answer it.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I would comment on this..if i knew what VEVO is:confused::confused:

U

Ugly

its on youtube

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Oh,,,so VEVO is a media group that shows videos....ok

G4JC

Feb 9, 2011
Vevo (stylized as VEVO) is a joint venture music video website operated by Sony Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group, and Abu Dhabi Media[3] with EMI licensing its content to the group without taking an ownership stake.[4] The service was launched officially on December 8, 2009.[5] The videos on Vevo are syndicated across the web,[6] with Google and Vevo sharing the advertising revenue.[7]
Vevo offers music videos from three of the "big four" major record labels: Universal Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, and EMI.[8] Warner Music Group was initially reported to be considering hosting its content on Vevo,[9] but subsequently formed a rival alliance with MTV Networks.[10] There are more than 50,000 videos available on Vevo.[11]

The concept for Vevo was described as being a Hulu for music videos,[7] with the goal being to attract more high-end advertisers.[12] To this end, Vevo censors the content of some of its videos for language, to make them more acceptable to advertising partners such as McDonald's.[13] The site's other revenue sources include a merchandise store[14] and referral links to purchase viewed songs on Amazon MP3 and iTunes.[15] Universal acquired the domain name vevo.com on 20 November 2008. Sony Music Entertainment reached a deal to add its content to the site in June 2009.[16] The site went live on December 8, 2009, and that same month became the number one most visited music site in the US,[17] overtaking MySpace Music.[18]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VEVO

Considering they are in cohorts with the big four record labels I'd say that makes them pretty evil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgbx_kw2cKE

https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/bt-beats

Alternatives -

Libre.fm — discover new music
Jamendo - The #1 platform for free music. Free music downloads for private use - Royalty free music licenses for commercial purposes. More than 55,000 albums by independent artists.

And even if not evil for greedy and copyright reasons, they support a lot of secular (as well as yes a few Christian) music. As a Christian artist, I would not want my music being played right along side something the church of Satan would be jamming to. See Also: Welcome To Good Fight Theater

U

Ugly

Well, that really showed no actual 'occult' relationship. Just generalizing the 'Big 4' as 'pretty evil' doesn't really fit the bill.

Also, most of the Christian music i listen to tries to play alongside secular music.