jehovahs witnesses

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
There are some Jehova's witnesses that come to my house evry now and then. They are very nice ladies, but they can annoy the BEEP!! out me sometimes.

M

mooman

Thanks for all the replies. Ill just ignore them, or let loose my dogs.... jokes. Cheers

Sep 13, 2012
Thanks for all the replies. Ill just ignore them, or let loose my dogs.... jokes. Cheers
if all else fails I'll bring out the pit bull, she's a sweetie and will lick you to death, but they dont know that ;) her presence makes people nervous

Red_Tory

Jan 26, 2010
I would enjoy JWs coming to my house once in a while because I love having guests.

Apr 14, 2011
When it comes to Jehovah's Witnesses before you meet you (if that is the case), pray. Then let them say their say, and then tell about what Jesus did and other things. Also, if you are well versed with what their version of the Bible says use that to your advantage in reaching them with the gospel. God bless.

O

OFM

marry 1 and have disco dancing fun---lol---

onlinebuddy

Sep 1, 2012
As Christians, we have no choice but to be nice to the JWs. They are as lost as we were before we knew the truth. Now this does not necessarily mean that you invite them in. If you do, they will not leave unless you tell them to leave.

While they are at the door, tell them that you have studied the truth. If possible, share your testimony in short without allowing them to interrupt.
Also tell them that their doctrine is not in line with the Bible, and therefore you are not interested in what they have to say.
Do not answer any questions from them such as, "What is the name of God?"
Telling them that they are wrong will make no difference to them; so tell them that you are not interested in knowing their views and that you are about to shut the door.

Warning: Do not even try to discuss the Bible with them (if you have not researched the JWs), as they will leave you frustrated and walk away with a sense of victory (that is if you manage to shut the door on them :)).
You stand a good chance of losing, as these guys are rigorously trained how to refute every scripture that is used against them.
If you discuss the Bible with them, you will end up inviting them in and wasting days, weeks and months of you time only to say, "I shouldn't have invited them in in first place."

Why does a JW go from door to door?
You must realize that a JW goes from door to door because they believe that they must work hard in order to be a part of the "Kingdom Rule" on earth.
They believe that they cannot be born again and cannot enter heaven.
Heaven is open to only 144,000 anointed ones, and that this number has been reached since 1935 or something.
They also believe that there are about 8000 anointed ones (out of these 144000) still alive on earth. The rest of the JWs are the "other sheep."
Since they are the "other sheep" they must work hard in a bid to be accepted by God. This is why they go from door to door, to earn their salvation.

The 8000 anointed elders (as they believe) form the governing body and is the only link between man and God.
The Watchtower is God's chosen slave in this generation, and everyone must comply with it.
They are told that one cannot understand the Bible without the interpretation by the Watchtower.

A JW lives in fear. Their doctrine is a very sad one, and the Watchtower is a multimillion dollar money making corporate giant.

I once told a young JW who knocked at my door, to stop listening to the WatchTower, and to read only the Bible. I told him that if he did not believe me now (that the WT was wrong), he would anyway believe me when he was 80, after he had paid a high price and lost his friends, family and career.

A JW will never listen to you. However, we must tell them the truth in a bid to save them. They may walk away at the moment, but when they experience the burdens placed on them by the Watchtower, they may someday think about what you have said.

O

OFM

As Christians, we have no choice but to be nice to the JWs. They are as lost as we were before we knew the truth. Now this does not necessarily mean that you invite them in. If you do, they will not leave unless you tell them to leave.

While they are at the door, tell them that you have studied the truth. If possible, share your testimony in short without allowing them to interrupt.
Also tell them that their doctrine is not in line with the Bible, and therefore you are not interested in what they have to say.
Do not answer any questions from them such as, "What is the name of God?"
Telling them that they are wrong will make no difference to them; so tell them that you are not interested in knowing their views and that you are about to shut the door.

Warning: Do not even try to discuss the Bible with them (if you have not researched the JWs), as they will leave you frustrated and walk away with a sense of victory (that is if you manage to shut the door on them :)).

They believe that they cannot be born again and cannot enter heaven.
Heaven is open to only 144,000 anointed ones, and that this number has been reached since 1935 or something.

They also believe that there are about 8000 anointed ones (out of these 144000) still alive on earth. The rest of the JWs are the "other sheep."
Since they are the "other sheep" they must work hard in a bid to be accepted by God. This is why they go from door to door, to earn their salvation.
they do not give up all u can do is pray and do nor anwser thier ?'s focus on having them respond to your ?'s.

Sep 13, 2012
I observed one of them gathering up Christian materials left for people at the hospital and trashing it only to replace it with copies of the watchtower, I have no respect for them anymore

O

OFM

I observed one of them gathering up Christian materials left for people at the hospital and trashing it only to replace it with copies of the watchtower, I have no respect for them anymore
thats not right at all they are not as honest as they seen now are they.

M

Manners

Really all you need to do is ask to be placed on the no call list! Seriously

Matthew 10: 11-22 [SUP]11 [/SUP] “Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until you leave. [SUP]12 [/SUP] When you enter the house, greet the household. [SUP]13 [/SUP] If the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon you. [SUP]14 [/SUP] Wherever anyone does not receive you or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet.[SUP]15 [/SUP] Truly I say to you, it will be more endurable for the land of Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah on Judgment Day than for that city. [SUP]16 [/SUP] “Look! I am sending you out as sheep among wolves; so prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves.[SUP]17 [/SUP] Be on your guard against men, for they will hand you over to local courts+ and they will scourge you in their synagogues.[SUP]18 [/SUP] And you will be brought before governors and kings+ for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations. [SUP]19 [/SUP] However, when they hand you over, do not become anxious about how or what you are to speak, for what you are to speak will be given you in that hour; [SUP]20 [/SUP] for the ones speaking are not just you, but it is the spirit of your Father that speaks by you. [SUP]21 [/SUP] Further, brother will hand brother over to death, and a father his child, and children will rise up against parents and will have them put to death. [SUP]22 [/SUP] And you will be hated by all people on account of my name, but the one who has endured to the end will be saved.

M

Manners

Really all you need to do is ask to be placed on the no call list! Seriously

Matthew 10: 11-22 [SUP]11 [/SUP] “Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until you leave. [SUP]12 [/SUP] When you enter the house, greet the household. [SUP]13 [/SUP] If the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon you. [SUP]14 [/SUP] Wherever anyone does not receive you or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet.[SUP]15 [/SUP] Truly I say to you, it will be more endurable for the land of Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah on Judgment Day than for that city. [SUP]16 [/SUP] “Look! I am sending you out as sheep among wolves; so prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves.[SUP]17 [/SUP] Be on your guard against men, for they will hand you over to local courts and they will scourge you in their synagogues.[SUP]18 [/SUP] And you will be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations. [SUP]19 [/SUP] However, when they hand you over, do not become anxious about how or what you are to speak, for what you are to speak will be given you in that hour; [SUP]20 [/SUP] for the ones speaking are not just you, but it is the spirit of your Father that speaks by you. [SUP]21 [/SUP] Further, brother will hand brother over to death, and a father his child, and children will rise up against parents and will have them put to death. [SUP]22 [/SUP] And you will be hated by all people on account of my name, but the one who has endured to the end will be saved.

peacenik

May 11, 2016
I easily got the JW's to stop knocking on my door by challenging them to perform miracles such as healing the sick, raising the dead, and turning water into wine. After all, they claim to be the one and only TRUE church of God to the exclusion of all others. And I point out that the Bible promises that the true church would do all that and more.

Naturally they don't come around anymore.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
If they offend you that much don't answer the door.

W

WarriorForChrist

I messed with some when I was a Pagan. They didn't like seeing me in Robes and a AWEN symbol around my neck. I think maybe the candles freaked them out a bit as well lol

Feb 7, 2015
Well, I usually throw their stuff in the trash can. No big deal.

Jul 27, 2016
Alright, here it goes. For the past few months these people have regulary come to my town and started trying to convert ( or brainwash) the folks who live in my area. They know I am a born again christian, and every time the same people come to my house, there is like a little mexican standoff. I be polite as I can, but they still insult me and push this garbage on me. Does anyone out there have any good lines to say to them which contradicts their beliefs? Or anything else in general against them. I don't like to attack another persons religion, but these people knowingly attack and disrespect mine, and seem to take delight in it. Any insights or witty or biblical remarks would be appreciated. Thanks.
My dad used to do this when Jehovahs used to come to our house lol. He'd contradict them and confuse them and in the end they had no idea what they believed in.