Jesus as the True Image, or, who do we say Jesus is?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2009
Never mind. This argument is going nowhere fast. So, in light of the original point of the thread:

How do any of you best picture Jesus? As Savior? Friend? Brother? King? Lord? All of these...some of these...none of these (perhaps you have another way)?

I picture Him as all of the above plus awhole lot more He is God Almighty

Re 1:7Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.Re 1:8I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

S

sweetie36

I looked at the date on this it was done in March but I would like to say { Jesus Is our Savior,King of Kings,He is our Lord, and Our Heavenly Father}
You know there are alot of people that dont belive in Jesus because they cant see him but I know hes Alive and Living in all of us. You can hear Jesus, I know that everyone knows that he knows what we are thinking and going to say Before we say it. I know That He's Alive. I Belive In JESUS. I don t know if anyone will see this or comment on it but I know what I belive in and I Belive In JESUS.

S

suaso

Very nice. The original post was indeed made in March, but the most recent posts in this thread were made only hours ago, so feel free to comment til your heart is content!

A

awings7

Man I'd like to post to this one but it just went about 15 miles over my head

I have no issue taking Jesus just as He said He is. I can tell you He was not blonde haired or blue
eyed.

Jesus being the Word of God did not imply in the Greek, that He was a mind thing.

The use of Word in Greek, is a Person or Being, not a thought.

People if your nor sure about who Jesus is , how are you going to know the anti christ when he
shows himself.

Now is the time to get those issues taken care of, not when things are falling apart.

N

NiteGem

Hello, Suaso!

Your topic is intriguing, and offered me the opportunity to consider my personal relationship with Jesus more deeply and in different ways…thank you for that!

I would like to commend you for your thoughtful, inspired piece. The reflection of your love shines from its words. This line in particular touched me:

“Even so, the Bible tells us that God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, after our likeness’ (Genesis 1:26). It is in this way that God became the original artist, creating an image of himself in mankind.”

Lovely.

I would like to share some of my personal thoughts with you. Jesus is many things to me. He is my friend and my protector. I love that He is compassionate and loving, gentle and forgiving…yet at the same time, He is strong, powerful and wise, my teacher and corrector. He is perfect. He is perfect, and He loves me. What a wonderful, beautiful thing to know.

When I speak with him, I know that he knows me better than anyone ever could or ever will. He knows my fears and he knows I need his help to overcome them. I feel safe with Him. I trust Him, and I love Him. He is many things, and He is everything.

Thank you for starting this thread. I appreciate sharing with you. : )

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.