Jesus Christ=The Rock of Offence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 11, 2009
Peace be to you from God the father and the Lord Jesus Christ
Let us speak of Jesus;

Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.(Clickable links in post)

John;
The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law,I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Many stumble with this,philip;
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

John 5;
Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

math16; Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Gen;After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram

2nd sam;that the word of the LORD came unto Nathan

1st kings;And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the LORD came

Jerimiah28;Then the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah the prophet

ezek;The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest

ect

hebrew;God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

The parable of the Jesus,luke 20;
Then began he to speak to the people this parable; A certain man planted a vineyard, and let it forth to husbandmen, and went into a far country for a long time.And at the season he sent a servant to the husbandmen, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard: but the husbandmen beat him, and sent him away empty.And again he sent another servant: and they beat him also, and entreated him shamefully, and sent him away empty.
And again he sent a third: and they wounded him also, and cast him out.
Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.
But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselves, saying, This is the heir: come, let us kill him, that the inheritance may be ours.
So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them?He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.And he beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?

May God give the increase.
Love a friend in God

Jul 6, 2010
Hi wisdomseeker, it appears you may understand the mystery of the Word. Just in case its so, and just in case i need say this,though i may not, i point out Luke 10:22. We are to keep that greatest of Jewels off of the world stage. He reveals to whom He will. Most believe He is the Father, there is a reason why,and yes i am in full agreeance, He is the Stone rejected, good post.

Mar 11, 2009
Hi wisdomseeker, it appears you may understand the mystery of the Word. Just in case its so, and just in case i need say this,though i may not, i point out Luke 10:22. We are to keep that greatest of Jewels off of the world stage. He reveals to whom He will. Most believe He is the Father, there is a reason why,and yes i am in full agreeance, He is the Stone rejected, good post.
Peace be to you
John16;
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
Jesus answered them,Do ye now believe?These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

John;
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Love a friend in God

devolution what say ye;
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.