Jesus doesn't force you to carry your cross.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ramon

Jesus doesn't force you to carry your cross. He says, ''If you want to be my disciple (do you want to be?) take up your cross and follow me!!''

Jesus didn't have to ask me many times, but be sure that I did consider it. ''LORD, AM I WORTHY TO BEAR IT?'' That is all that matters now. The Lord will let me know if I am worthy to bear it. I will wait on the Lord who renews my strength!! EVERY DAY!!

All that matters now is if I am worthy or not. The Lord didn't ask me to take up my cross. I CHOSE TO!! Yes I chose to carry it, because I could not fully understand the gospel unless I carried the same cross that Jesus carried. I asked the Lord to allow me to carry my cross and follow him, but to keep me from falling.

It started like small faith, in little things, but this faith takes us to the cross. And then God confirms our faith when he raises us from the dead. This is how the DEAD IN CHRIST WILL RISE AND MEET HIM IN THE AIR!! Not the dead only, but the DEAD IN CHRIST!!

I want to be dead in Christ!! So I can also live with him!!

May Jesus bless you.

A

Abiding

Couple problems here

1 youll never be worthy
2 if you were anything it would be by His grace, so there is no credit to you
if you do everything He asks call yourself an unprofitable servant who has done
what he ought to do.

Works based anything will get you nothing. God freely gives.

If I understand some of what ive read you write Ramon, which is not enough to
understand very well. You are trying to manually work out and experience what
happens at baptism. The death, burial, and resurrection happens supernaturally
to us at our conversion. Then a new birth which comes by faith. The rest is the
sanctification and glorification that comes gradually afterwards.

R

Ramon

HAHAHAHA!! Now THAT i funny. Sorry not laughing at you, but on this one, I had to look it up. And I can't say anything else:

Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Wow, now this is what Jesus said. And it is amazing when I go to read it after I post something and it is further comfirmed.

I mean, I don't even need to refer the the bible because I believe the promise that he gave me, but sometimes I doubt. But here, I just had to go look it up, and it is funny that not only was mentioned about being worthy (that is the shocker) but it is RIGHT NEXT TO THE BEARING CROSS!!

Now, if the Holy Spirit has not guided my lips, who else has? Ha!!

He says that those who DO NOT take up their cross is not worthy. But what then about those who do? LOL!!

Now I can glorify God. Sorry, but I cannot accept the 1 nor the 2 nor the rest.

A

Abiding

cool but read a little more to understand what He meant.
ill let you enjoy your laugh and victory.

R

Ramon

cool but read a little more to understand what He meant.
ill let you enjoy your laugh and victory.
WOW!! Haha. I took your suggestion, and I read further. Of course, I did stop also, so I did need to read further.

AMEN!! This only confirms the Word even more!! AMEN!!

You see, it was a simple word, The Lord simply said he would bring to remembrance what I read. Okay, so I simply had to read, and leave it to him to bring to remembrance what he taught me. So, I just read, not trying to understand, but praying that the Lord will reveal whatever he wants to reveal to me, and to keep the words hidden where I cannot get to them unless he pulls them out of me.

So, I do not go to the bible to get the words, I depend on God to give me the words. And then, when a friend, I call you a friend, tells me to go to the bible, I go, and when I get there, I see that the Lord has TRULY KEPT HIS PROMISE!!

See, it was for you to direct me there. Everything worked out just right. It wasn't you who did it, but the Lord lead you to do that, so that he could show me what he wanted me to see. It always ends this way, and I can only give him glory for it.

May Jesus bless you. :)

Y

yaright

HAHAHAHA!! Now THAT i funny. Sorry not laughing at you, but on this one, I had to look it up. And I can't say anything else:

Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Wow, now this is what Jesus said. And it is amazing when I go to read it after I post something and it is further comfirmed.

I mean, I don't even need to refer the the bible because I believe the promise that he gave me, but sometimes I doubt. But here, I just had to go look it up, and it is funny that not only was mentioned about being worthy (that is the shocker) but it is RIGHT NEXT TO THE BEARING CROSS!!

Now, if the Holy Spirit has not guided my lips, who else has? Ha!!

He says that those who DO NOT take up their cross is not worthy. But what then about those who do? LOL!!

Now I can glorify God. Sorry, but I cannot accept the 1 nor the 2 nor the rest.
I know this can be a touchy subject, but I like the way you have addressed this. Not that we ought to be puffed up and think highly of ourselves more than we ought to. Not to proclaim that we are worthy because of what seems right to us, but we are counted worthy by Jesus if we obey Him.

You have every reason to be excited concerning this good news!

Feb 17, 2010
Abiding thank you for the kind spirit you show AGAIN. But I hope us three can have a good Bible base discussion here without negative remarks.
First of all Abiding... NOT a single person will pick up a cross to follow Jesus if GOD did not consider that person WORTHY of saving in the FIRST place. So just the fact that a person KNOWS he has a cross to bear, already shows GOD's Interest in that person, and that person was made aware by FATHER, that He wants to save this person...

See God already blessed that person with the CALLING OF GOD! We know MANY lose their faith after the calling... The seed that fell on the roadside... the birds ate it all. Never even germinated.... And then there is those that fall on shallow grounds... They walk and carry their cross only a few steps, then they throw their crosses down and stick to the old sin again.... Then there is those that follow after Jesus with their crosses, then another guy says... HEY LET US FOLLOW this man he says he knows a shortcut to salvation, these people believe him and follow his false teachings... These are the seed that fell amongst the weed, the weed will be their death.... Then there is the ones that FOLLOW JESUS all the way... they Endure to the END of sin in their lives... They will be washed clean and baptized with GLory and Spirit in Truth and Life! And they will recieve their REBIRTH there! Bearing fruit 30, 60 and 100 fold.

You see, to follow with the cross, is to be led by Jesus to your DEATH on the cross, and the moment you DIE off the last sin, That moment Jesus will wash AWAY ALL sin in you "SIN REGISTER" and Satan will have NOTHING against you. Then Jesus let you PASS through His Blood, and into the KINGDOM OF GOD!!! Right there MANY things happen. First of all, you are SEALED in holiness. (sanctification complete) You are allowed to be IN GOD's Kingdom...(The other side of the blood of Jesus)... And you went THROUGH Jesus to be HID in God (Not of this world but still in it). You are now REBORN from GOD! (If God decides your flesh would still walk this world, then God will FILL that flesh with HIS Holy Spirit right there and then, and that flesh will be doing EXACLY what God wants it to do. That flesh is now under the SOLE control of the Holy Spirit to do whatever God decides.

Look at Stephen... He looked up and saw into heaven. Man that is pretty powerful.

So when we follow Jesus with our crosses it is to be led to our SALVATION... Jesus said ...
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

We have to follow until the Holy Spirit leads no more.... The Holy Spirit leads us to the end, and then He fills us with the NEW LIFE in God! The end of me is the BEGINNING of Christ Jesus in me!

A

Abiding

Well, maybe tomorrow ill come back and add some thoughts to that Cobus.
Its never a goal of mine to make negative remarks. Although it is sometimes
a necessary part of carrying the cross in a true sense. Sure i hope the thread goes well.:)

C

Crossfire

Couple problems here

1 youll never be worthy
2 if you were anything it would be by His grace, so there is no credit to you
if you do everything He asks call yourself an unprofitable servant who has done
what he ought to do.

Works based anything will get you nothing. God freely gives.

If I understand some of what ive read you write Ramon, which is not enough to
understand very well. You are trying to manually work out and experience what
happens at baptism. The death, burial, and resurrection happens supernaturally
to us at our conversion. Then a new birth which comes by faith. The rest is the
sanctification and glorification that comes gradually afterwards.
Abiding, if I may, I don't think that's what he's saying at all. Again, Ramon is referring to dying to one's own self. Dying to self is not a physical work by any means. I would equate it with the renewing of the mind. It is the desire to be emptied of all sense of self in favor of being enraptured by who He is.

A

Abiding

Abiding, if I may, I don't think that's what he's saying at all. Again, Ramon is referring to dying to one's own self. Dying to self is not a physical work by any means. I would equate it with the renewing of the mind. It is the desire to be emptied of all sense of self in favor of being enraptured by who He is.
I very well could have misunderstood...which is not surprising.
I didnt see it as him saying dying to self...my mistake :)