Jesus excluded from NC police prayers by inclusive ACLU

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

In an attempt to be inclusive, the ACLU and others are requesting that the name of Jesus be excluded from official police ceremonies in North Carolina.

We know the best way to be inclusive, is to exclude people!

More genius liberalism.

The way I see it, if the officer was a Christian, then he/she should be allowed to have the name of Jesus prayed at his ceremony. In a way, this rule is religious discrimination. Because if the officer/family wanted the name of Jesus at their funeral, this basically goes against their wishes.

Link-->Charlotte police: No more 'Jesus' in department prayers - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

J

Jullianna

I wouldn't consider the funeral of an officer to be "an official police ceremony". I hope they don't either. It's personal. One way around this would be to have the officer's own pastor handle the service rather than one of the department's chaplains.

I don't know why everyone runs when the ACLU speaks. Why not just pray the way you want, let them sue, and request a jury trial? It's South Carolina... The ACLU doesn't have many fans in the south.

The small town I used to live in was threatened twice with calls from the ACLU - once re: praying at the beginning of meetings and re: a certain type of business they didn't want in the town. The mayor stood up to them and nothing ever happened. They still pray at their meetings and that business never happened either.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chanson

In an attempt to be inclusive, the ACLU and others are requesting that the name of Jesus be excluded from official police ceremonies in North Carolina.

We know the best way to be inclusive, is to exclude people!

More genius liberalism.

The way I see it, if the officer was a Christian, then he/she should be allowed to have the name of Jesus prayed at his ceremony. In a way, this rule is religious discrimination. Because if the officer/family wanted the name of Jesus at their funeral, this basically goes against their wishes.

Link-->Charlotte police: No more 'Jesus' in department prayers - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC
I think this's bad...

Spartacus1122

Banned [Reason: insulting CC admin in previous pos
Jun 9, 2012
Ahhhh yes, the ACLU.

An organization founded by a former communist sympathizer, that advocates civil liberties, and does everything in its powers to oppress them.
They are a devilish craft indeed.

M

Moe

It's prophecy being fulfilled. Christians and churches are under attack like never before in the United States and there is more coming our way.