Jesus On The Cross

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 23, 2012
What do you guys think of Jesus Dying on the cross for us??

B

BishopSEH

Two words: Thank you.

In Christ,

Bishop SEH

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Amazing Love, Thank you LORD

Apr 24, 2012
What do you guys think of Jesus Dying on the cross for us??
I would like to express my gratitude for Jesus dying on the cross and being willing to sacrifice his life for us. In the history of man, it is the most important event to have happened.

I would also like to point out one interesting thing that happened on the cross that sometimes gets lost when we think and read about that sacred moment. It has to do with his final moment, his last breath. We read in Luke chapter 23:46 and it says, "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

3 questions:
1. Is "MY SPIRIT" and "THE GHOST" the same thing?
2. What exactly is "the ghost"?
3. If "the ghost" is a real element, where did it come from and where does it go after you die?

C

crosspreacher

God proved His love to me.

NWL

Jul 24, 2012
1. Is "MY SPIRIT" and "THE GHOST" the same thing?
When Jesus said Spirit in Luke 23:26 the original Greek is "Pneuma" which literally means "wind" or "breath". So in effect Jesus was basically saying "into thy hands I commend my life"

We know that nothing of Jesus had ascended to the father, including him as a Spirit, since Jesus said three days after his death “...Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father...’” (John 20:17) So to say that Jesus was saying that his Spirit or him as a Spirit went to the father at this point is false since it would contradict John 20:17, his words here have to mean spirit as in his Life, in order for the Bible to be correct.

2. What exactly is "the ghost"?
3. If "the ghost" is a real element, where did it come from and where does it go after you die?

When Jesus said the Ghost the original Greek was "exepneusen" which litreally means"to breathe my last" to "expire" or to "Die".

Most if not all other translation translate it this way too, expect for your KJV

(Luke 23:46 NIV) "...When he had said this, he breathed his last..."

(Luke 23:46 WEB) "...Having said this, he breathed his last..."

(Luke 23:46 NWT) "...When he had said this, he expired..."

So your last two questions you asked have no meaning when you look at a more realistic meaning of the verse, since it simply means that he died.

Of course though Jesus Death and sacrifice has significant meaning on the Human race and my life, can't argue with that ;)

Feb 13, 2013
ghost is another word for spirit. The spirit returns to God who gave it. Spirit means "breath" or "wind", God breathed into Adams' nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul. There are different types of spirits, human, animal, holy and demonic. When a person is born and takes their first breath the spirit enters into them.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
It doesn't make sense. Men don't deserve God's Love.

But He gives it to us anyway.

His Ways and His Thoughts are far above ours.