Jesus said....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
One minor example in relationship to the whole circumcision thread, is that He was circumcised.

"On the eighth day, when it was time to circumcise the child, he was named Jesus, the name the angel had given him before he was conceived." -Luke 2:21

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
Folks, keep it to the OP. Take the "Law" debate elsewhere (Like the 18 threads already addressing the debate.)

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
Well that is where I will disagree with you because the law was never given to mankind for salvation but for relationship. This is abundantly clear from scripture (even in the NT)...

So now you are sitting with a predicament, why did God give us the law...and why was it so important that Jesus kept it to the last little dot?
They're important in the sense they're not to be forgotten.. They're not important in the sense that Jesus is the ultimate everything for us, and we shouldn't put all of our faith and attention into the prior laws.

Dec 9, 2011
JESUS said, "First make the inside of the cup clean"In other words "reborn spirit"Then love GOD and your neighbor.
+++
John 3:2-5
King James Version(KJV)

2.)The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3.)Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4.)Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5.)Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
+++
Hebrews 8:10-11
King James Version(KJV)

10.) For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11.)And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
+++
In the fullness of time the WORD of GOD was sent to this world In the flesh.
+++
John 3:16
King James Version(KJV)

16.)For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
It needs explaining because I think some stuff may have gotten lost in the shuffel...Jesus kept all the jewish feast days and the sabbath and the ten commandments. So what about us if we are to follow his example? What are your thoughts on this?
Jesus came to fulfill the law of Moses because we are incapable of doing that ourselves. If we were there would have been no point in him coming and dying for our sins. I really think you should read the New Testament and invest in a good book
explaining the basic Christian beliefs. There are hundreds out there. Go to a local Christian Book store or pick something on line from Amazon. If you attend a church have a chat with your Paster Im sure someone could advise you on what one to read.

Feb 7, 2015
It needs explaining because I think some stuff may have gotten lost in the shuffel...Jesus kept all the jewish feast days and the sabbath and the ten commandments. So what about us if we are to follow his example? What are your thoughts on this?
You DO realize that most Jewish males made serious efforts to do this? And the Pharisees, at least outwardly, actually DID it to a great extent.

I think you will find that the "example" we are to follow is something much more than merely following Jewish custom.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
"And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. [SUP]24 [/SUP]For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." Luke 9:23-24

[video=youtube;K6ln3SedNvY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ln3SedNvY[/video]

Jan 25, 2015
What then was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgression until the seed to whom the promise referred had come. Gal3:19

I love the way the living bible puts it.

The law was given to keep us in protective custody till the coming of Christ
James, why did Adam, Abraham and Noah also kept the law? Why did Jesus said keep my commandments? Surely we can't deny that before Moses and while Jesus was on earth the law had some importance?

Now how will this make sense that there are no more value in something that was so important since the first day of creation? :) I always say that the problem was never with the law but with mankind my brother. If there is a problem with our relationship with God we are at fault. Not God. He is God :)

The problem I see is that before Moses the focus was not on the law but on God (placed on the inward part of man), then came Moses. He received the law from God and mankind made it all about the law because of our sinful nature. God then send his son and the importance shifted back to God again... but there are still the same value in the law :)

Jan 25, 2015
You DO realize that most Jewish males made serious efforts to do this? And the Pharisees, at least outwardly, actually DID it to a great extent.

I think you will find that the "example" we are to follow is something much more than merely following Jewish custom.
Jesus said that we should do what the Pharisees teach us but not do what they do... and that is also why He said they are hypocrites. They teached the Torah but lived the Talmud.

Oct 21, 2015
James, why did Adam, Abraham and Noah also kept the law? Why did Jesus said keep my commandments? Surely we can't deny that before Moses and while Jesus was on earth the law had some importance?

Now how will this make sense that there are no more value in something that was so important since the first day of creation? :) I always say that the problem was never with the law but with mankind my brother. If there is a problem with our relationship with God we are at fault. Not God. He is God :)

The problem I see is that before Moses the focus was not on the law but on God (placed on the inward part of man), then came Moses. He received the law from God and mankind made it all about the law because of our sinful nature. God then send his son and the importance shifted back to God again... but there are still the same value in the law :)
Gandalf I have been enjoying a sabatical from our discussions! ( enjoyable though they have been) I am STILL enjoying it.
My apologies therefore for my previous post.
However, if we do in the future recommence them, you will need to think of new things to write. I think if we keep repeating the same old statements discussion goes stale and has no further usefulness

Jan 25, 2015
Gandalf I have been enjoying a sabatical from our discussions! ( enjoyable though they have been) I am STILL enjoying it.
My apologies therefore for my previous post.
However, if we do in the future recommence them, you will need to think of new things to write. I think if we keep repeating the same old statements discussion goes stale and has no further usefulness
Not a problem brother. I agree that repetition is not necessary.

I like to discuss these things and sometimes my passion for what I believe get the better of me :)

O

oldthennew

1PETER 4
1. Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind:
for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

2. That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the Will of God.

3. For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles,
when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

4. Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:

5. Who shall give account to Him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

10. As every man has received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards
of the manifold grace of God.

12. Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange
thing happened unto you:

13. But rejoice, inasmuch as you are partakers of Christ's sufferings, that, when His glory
shall be revealed, you may be glad also with exceeding joy.

The Holy Spirit is our Guide, may we come to follow with the joy that we have been blessed with...