Jesus so much bigger than religion amd Christianity

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Constantbliss

Don't be shocked when reading the title. I am a christian and I love Jesus but what I mean in this title is that a big part of christianity transforemed into a disgusting religion that puts back people under the yoke of slavery instead of setting them free.

Is the free grace of God a motivator for sinning or threw it we experience real freedom
From sin? If we experience real freedom threw grace, why are you still trying to please god (struggeling with sin) and not rest on the fact that he is already pleased with you?

J

JosiahUntoTheChrist

I don't understand what you're trying to achieve by this statement. The law is important as the King Jesus the Christ said it was, he came to fulfil the Law not to do away with it. So while I understand your last comment your first negates your understanding of who Christ is and what christianity or in fact true christianity is about. Now not all who profess to love Christ are followers of Christ but that does not mean that they are far from Him as he seeks them out and even in their rebellion the power of God is drawing them near. The people, the church who are Christs beloved are the the christians whom you say have been transformed into a disgusting religion and while in some respects the world and maybe you have been blinded by satans perception of truth I can understand that the WORD/Bible comes across as harsh sometimes and can lead many to run and seek shelter under their own understanding of who the King Jesus the Christ is. Now, YES there are christians who blatantly use the Gospel for their own means or a purpose not linked to scripture or spiritual motives but this is where we must unite as one and in love bring those who are lead astray into correction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 12, 2016
Well said! Except...something to consider...there once was a dad who had two sons and he loved them both...one of them loved his dad very much and therefore listened to him and respected him and did what his dad asked him to do. The other one said he loved his dad, but he loved himself much more, and so he did not listen to his dad, nor respect his dad, nor do what his dad asked of him. Which son will go to his dad to be received by him?