John 15:26 according to your church ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

Friends, How well do you know what your church teaches regarding the eternal procession

of the Holy Spirit?

What is the teaching of your church (fellowship/denomination/congregation, etc.)

regarding John 15:26?

According to your church, does the Holy Spirit proceed "from the Father" alone; or does

your church teach something else, like "The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father" AND

THE SON (FILIOQUE)? Which of your denominations agrees with the teaching of

the Roman catholic church; and which or your denominations agrees with the

teaching of the Greek Orthodox Church? Do you know what Jesus Christ said in

John 15:26? What did He say (teach)? Take care. In Erie, PA/ Scott R. Harrington

E

eternally-gratefull

Friends, How well do you know what your church teaches regarding the eternal procession

of the Holy Spirit?

What is the teaching of your church (fellowship/denomination/congregation, etc.)

According to your church, does the Holy Spirit proceed "from the Father" alone; or does

your church teach something else, like "The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father" AND

John 15:26? What did He say (teach)? Take care. In Erie, PA/ Scott R. Harrington

Jesus will send the Holy Spirit, The authority Jesus gets to send the Holy Spirit comes from thre Father.

Have no clue what Catholic or Orthodox teaches.

Feb 23, 2011
Scott is correct according to the Word. Proceedeth (ekporeuomai) is not sent (pempo). None of the Greek from the procession (exerchomai) of the Word [John 8:42, John 17:8] is the same as the procession of the Holy Spirit [John 15:26, John 14:26].

Now if we could broom Trinity of three "persons", we could see who God is. :)

Dec 19, 2009

of the Holy Spirit?

I can't remember our pastor preaching on John 15:26. Even if he did, I don’t let him do my thinking for me. Once in a while he will say something I don’t agree with. He’s not perfect. I am not perfect.

A

AnandaHya

isn't it more important to ask if you have the Holy Spirit living inside you, how to reach heaven, fight against the forces of darkness, etc.

then what line of tradition, etc your church stems from?

I would hope they all have one thing in common: Jesus as the spiritual Head and one true teacher/Pastor.