John 16:8..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

bgrayz1

It seems that so believers are misunderstanding the position of the Holy Spirit and completely misinterpreting John 16:8. To properly understand this verse You first need to go back to John14:26.. Here Yeshua is speaking of who we are in Him by way of the Spirit and this gives us identity IN HIM..
John 14:19-20. "A little while longer and the WORLD will see Me no more, but YOU will see Me. Because I live, YOU will live also. (20) At that day you will know that I am IN My Father and YOU IN ME, AND I IN YOU.
In (20), This reveals the believers identity (IN YESHUA)..

Now, going to John 16:8, which says, "And when He has come, He will convict the (WORLD) of sin and of rightousness, and of judgment.
vrs.(9) goes on to say, "of sin, because they do not believe in Me.
Now, back up to 15:18-19 we see here again our identity (IN YESHUA) being seperated from the world..
JOHN 15:18-19 "If the world hates you, you know that it hateds Me before it hated you. (19) If you were of the world, the world would love it's own. "YET BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT OF THE WORLD," but I chosed you out of the world, therefore the world hates you..

I Think that it is important to realize who we are in Christ. By saying that the Spirit convicts us, shows that we are not understanding identity in Yeshua and are not understanding calvery, and the Love of God..

We simply are not of this world..

Thank you.. Billy

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
John 14:19-20. "A little while longer and the WORLD will see Me no more, but YOU will see Me. Because I live, YOU will live also. (20) At that day you will know that I am IN My Father and YOU IN ME, AND I IN YOU.
In (20), This reveals the believers identity (IN YESHUA)..
This is the first resurrection.

i enjoyed reading this.