John 5:41-47

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
[h=3]John 5:41-47[/h]New International Version - UK (NIVUK)

[SUP]41 [/SUP]‘I do not accept glory from human beings, [SUP]42 [/SUP]but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. [SUP]43 [/SUP]I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. [SUP]44 [/SUP]How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God[SUP][a][/SUP]?
[SUP]45 [/SUP]‘But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. [SUP]46 [/SUP]If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. [SUP]47 [/SUP]But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?’

these are my thoughts please share yours
41-42 We should base our lives all others views of us nor should we encourage others to praise us but we should encourage one another to do what is right thru the Lord's love. Being told we do a good job feels good but we are not to make our decsions off what people say we are to make our decsions first from what the Word says.
43 It is more likely for one to accept a message where they earn their way instead of joining the truth which we are given the Way which is Christ. People have rejected Jesus so they are also going to reject those that come in His name.
44 We are to come together to praise God. God is only one who deserves praise.
45 Those who are not set free from the law by Christ are still bound to the law of Moses which none can live up to without the Lord's aid.
46-47 Moses foretold of the Prophet to come this is Christ but they could not see that.

A

Ariel82

41.human praise is worthless and should not be sought after. 42. Jesus is able to see into people's hearts and knows that some do not worship God. But seek only human praise.43. People lack faith in God will have faith in men who come in their own name and power....brb

A

Ariel82

lol sorry had to take a dinner break... where was i?

44. he is again talking to people who do not seek God's praise but the praises of other men. 45. says they believe they are following Moses and what he taught but reveals to them that they do not understand Moses or his words. They will be judged by Moses and his words whom they claim to be following. it implies they will be found lacking in verse 46 and 47 because they do not see that Jesus is the Messiah foretold by Moses.

L

Laodicea

They wanted a Messiah that would free them from the Romans and make them the number one nation. They did not accept the teachings because it did not go with what they wanted. They wanted the praise of men.

L

Laodicea

They knew the Bible well. Could God's people be making the same mistakes today? Could the Bible be misrepresenting based on people's selfish desires

Drett

Feb 16, 2013
What people do, they should do for God alone. It is dangerous to praise people. They may move from doing things for God and do it to gain attention and praise instead.