John 6:16-24

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
>

>>

Show resources
Show Commentary
Add parallel

[h=3]John 6:16-24[/h]New International Version - UK (NIVUK)

[h=3]Jesus walks on the water[/h][SUP]16 [/SUP]When evening came, his disciples went down to the lake, [SUP]17 [/SUP]where they got into a boat and set off across the lake for Capernaum. By now it was dark, and Jesus had not yet joined them. [SUP]18 [/SUP]A strong wind was blowing and the waters grew rough. [SUP]19 [/SUP]When they had rowed about three or four miles,[SUP][a][/SUP] they saw Jesus approaching the boat, walking on the water; and they were frightened. [SUP]20 [/SUP]But he said to them, ‘It is I; don’t be afraid.’ [SUP]21 [/SUP]Then they were willing to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat reached the shore where they were heading.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]The next day the crowd that had stayed on the opposite shore of the lake realised that only one boat had been there, and that Jesus had not entered it with his disciples, but that they had gone away alone. [SUP]23 [/SUP]Then some boats from Tiberias landed near the place where the people had eaten the bread after the Lord had given thanks. [SUP]24 [/SUP]Once the crowd realised that neither Jesus nor his disciples were there, they got into the boats and went to Capernaum in search of Jesus.
New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
Holy Bible, New International Version® Anglicized, NIV® Copyright © 1979, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

these are my thoughts please share yours
16 Earlier in the chapter He tells them He will meet back up with them later
17 They may have been getting worried because that crowd where there were was trying to make Jesus king and they would not liked that He fled very much they may have thought they got to Him.
18-20 They saw Jesus in the middle of the lake they thought He was dead.
21 They have a change of heart and want to bring Him in the boat.
22-24 They learned they had the only boat on the lake so they learned Jesus walked to them on the water for 3 miles

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Thet saw miraculous things that Jesus did, never ever had they seen a man walk on water calm the sky, raise the dead, heal the sick as this man Christ did.
Christ only did what his Father told him and said what Father told him, and Father through the Holy Ghost is why he was able to do all he did. Yes the disciples were bewildered with all they saw Jesus do and say.
And all this was proof in that Father sent him, justone part of his story that bring us to belief

They did think worldly, and it was hard to see truth that they could do anything being in Jesus, but that was not revealed as of yet

Oct 31, 2011
I like to read scripture to see the principles of God that it gives, not only in light of the people and times the principles are expressed through.

I am facing a terrible storm in my life right now. It is so bad that I could let it take over my entire life. I am in a boat with Christ, Christ can walk on water, Christ can handle any storm and walk above it.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I like to read scripture to see the principles of God that it gives, not only in light of the people and times the principles are expressed through.

I am facing a terrible storm in my life right now. It is so bad that I could let it take over my entire life. I am in a boat with Christ, Christ can walk on water, Christ can handle any storm and walk above it.
Yes RedTent yes, I have been thorugh many myself and am in one as well yet the worse part is over God decided for me to live here now instead of go home
In all storms there is something to learn from God in your heart. It is one of the hardest things to do is praise God in the midst of adversity and give up whatever tragedy to him, accepting the outcome whatever that might be, for it is a battle of control our wants up against our actual needs, and God knows best and does not rejoice in disciplining me or anyone, but it is for our best, and this why Christ finished with never the less your will Father not mine and it was to this worlds gain, but not all believe so not to the whole worlds gain unless they come to do the same and trust in the midst of adversities, knowing in thier hearts God will never leaves us or forsake us yet the world will and does if it is not going the way the world thinks it should go
Hope this helps Sister in letting go and truly believing trusting God for whatever the outcome will be