John 9:3-5

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
John 9:3-5King James Version (KJV)

[SUP]3 [/SUP]Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

John 9:3-5

New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]3 [/SUP]“Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. [SUP]4 [/SUP]As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. [SUP]5 [/SUP]While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

New International Version (NIV) Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

3 Jesus responds to the question. This man is blind and itis not due to sins of anyone, his parents or him. The works of the Lord havebeen shown in many different ways. This is a way it still happens today.Someone has some sickness then they pray and when they go back to the doctor itis gone. Other times the Lord allows people to overcome a sickness they haveand defeat the sickness and this makes the respect life more and makes themstronger.

4 We will be only to serve for a time. There will be a timethe church is taken home. There will be a time we are taken home, we need touse the most of the time we got to do what the Lord wants of us.

5 Jesus is the light and when are to shine into the world tomake light in the dark places.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Wasn't this just posted, uh, like last week? Anyway, good thoughts

Aug 5, 2013

3 Jesus responds to the question. This man is blind and itis not due to sins of anyone, his parents or him. The works of the Lord havebeen shown in many different ways. This is a way it still happens today.Someone has some sickness then they pray and when they go back to the doctor itis gone. Other times the Lord allows people to overcome a sickness they haveand defeat the sickness and this makes the respect life more and makes themstronger.
Well, this is fine and perfectly logical as an explanation for sickness that is healed. What about sick people who are not healed? If healing makes people stronger and demonstrates "the works of the Lord", wouldn't a lack of healing make people weaker and demonstrate the Lord's inabilities?

Oct 12, 2013
Well, this is fine and perfectly logical as an explanation for sickness that is healed. What about sick people who are not healed? If healing makes people stronger and demonstrates "the works of the Lord", wouldn't a lack of healing make people weaker and demonstrate the Lord's inabilities?
If there is no outer cause for the illness than it is the cause of listening to a demon.
If one is healed and one is not, it could be because they have not overcome the cause of still listening t he demon.
Not all are the works of the Lord, but, the works of darkness..