Jordan Peterson in the news.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 10, 2019
Canada
I thought the extreme left was Communism (ownership of the people by the State), and the extreme right Fascism (ownership of the people by Company). Generally, the middle ground is supposed to be ownership of the people by the people.
I often look at the political spectrum of right and left as being a circle, with extreme left and right meeting at the junction of Fascist Avenue....regardless of whether its the state or corporations using the state, the end result is the same....bondage.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I hope there is a color shade or slice of the pie in the middle of the circle's bullseye where Jesus own are, those who will soon hear "well done, good and faithful servant".

E

EleventhHour

I often look at the political spectrum of right and left as being a circle, with extreme left and right meeting at the junction of Fascist Avenue....regardless of whether its the state or corporations using the state, the end result is the same....bondage.
Systems that do not have regard for individual liberties are totalitarian...so there really is no left/right paradigm with communism and fascism on opposite ends.

Both are socially, economically and politically oppressive.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Good morning! Happy Sunday, so then we are back to the circle, with Christians in the 10 ring, Spirit-filled, born again Christians in the Bullseye.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Systems that do not have regard for individual liberties are totalitarian...so there really is no left/right paradigm with communism and fascism on opposite ends.

Both are socially, economically and politically oppressive.
Well put....rather than using the word fascism as the junction where extreme right and left meet I should have used totalitarianism, its more on point....but at 8 syllables long, it is a little unwieldy :)

E

EleventhHour

Well put....rather than using the word fascism as the junction where extreme right and left meet I should have used totalitarianism, its more on point....but at 8 syllables long, it is a little unwieldy :)
Well "authoritarian" is a other option...it only 5 syllables long if I counted correctly....:D

Although it is different in its meaning and application to political systems.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Your name, do you believe we are in the eleventh hour?
I do
best wishes

E

EleventhHour

I do
best wishes
Yes...but I choose the name because of the message "the first shall be last and the last shall be first"

I love how Jesus always turned things on its head for his audience.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"The last shall be first, and the first shall be last" a very interesting truth from Him.
I have meditated on this, probably you as well, and from that am thinking of people living to themselves in this life, seeking authority over others, rather than living as Christ lived, serving others, as Christ did and modeled for us.
Blessings

E

EleventhHour

"The last shall be first, and the first shall be last" a very interesting truth from Him.
I have meditated on this, probably you as well, and from that am thinking of people living to themselves in this life, seeking authority over others, rather than living as Christ lived, serving others, as Christ did and modeled for us.
Blessings
Yes I think Jesus was also making reference to the Jews and the Gentiles...and how the Gentiles would be received into the plan of salvation and receive all the same benefits as the Jews even though they arrived later.:)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"I think Jesus was also" seems like that a lot of times doesn't it? Some say His truth is often either/or when it is actually "both and more" as He reveals His truth to us and through us.
blessings

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I do
best wishes
I do not believe in Dispensationalism at all. I have always believed Jesus would come later rather than sooner. Plus, I still do not believe any of the end times scenarios people propose, I think they do a gross injustice to text.

And yet, after a while on Twitter, today, finding out the Teck Frontier Mine in Alberta just got trashed, to say nothing of the virtual civil war we have going in Canada, over a gas pipeline and all the barricades and fighting. Then hearing what the migrants are doing in Sweden & Germany, add Coronavirus, the communist lies about climate change, and I am really rethinking my position.

I am not going to become a Dispensationalist, but there is just so much evil in our world. I grieve over my children and grandchildren growing up in this world. My life was so safe growing up. We went outside in the morning, wandered back for lunch, then home when our mom blew a whistle or rang a bell. My grandchildren are never out of sight of their parents, because they have to be.

The US is also very divided. My hope is for a Republican win, esp., after what I have seen Trudeau do to destroy Canada-our economy, our values, and rip us apart politically. If someone like Sanders got in, it could destroy the US.

Then there is Brexit, the Muslims going into areas of London and establishing Sharia law, and the regular police are not allowed in. No one knows what is going on. Add what the communists are doing in China, the Muslim drive to establish a Caliphate, and it seems to be a world that is on the brink of something! And that something needs to be Jesus returning!!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"and the end will come as a flood"

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
So many signs building each day.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022