Judgement Day

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JoelG

Does anybody know what Judgement Day will be like?. What is the "Heads Up" for this day? How will we be judged? And, by whom? I have been pondering this. I hear say that all you have to do is believe in Jesus, and you will be saved. And, many people live their lives just like that; with out a care in the world. What is the bottom line? Like if you are really not trying to be a sinner but you are always so weak and besides God will forgive you anyway and having that type of attitude. Just exactly what is the skinny on this getting into Heaven and avoiding Hell? How can I pass this interview?

Nov 19, 2012
Does anybody know what Judgement Day will be like?. What is the "Heads Up" for this day? How will we be judged? And, by whom? I have been pondering this. I hear say that all you have to do is believe in Jesus, and you will be saved. And, many people live their lives just like that; with out a care in the world. What is the bottom line? Like if you are really not trying to be a sinner but you are always so weak and besides God will forgive you anyway and having that type of attitude. Just exactly what is the skinny on this getting into Heaven and avoiding Hell? How can I pass this interview?
The Righteous are not judged.

Only the unrighteous are judged.

To be Righteous, you need to worship God as He has revealed Himself to be in scripture, which is Triune.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
How will we be judged? And, by whom?
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

Those who refused the gift of faith through Grace are judged by the law.

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013

Everyone will be judged. Those not written in the Lambs Book of Life won't fare so well; "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire" (Revelation 20:15). Christians will not be condemned, but inherit eternal life, but "God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap" (Galatians 6:7). Its our reward that will be judged; "I will give unto every one of you according to your works" (Revelation2:23). So for Pete's sake, behave yourself :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw— each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

A

atwhatcost

Judge = The Father.

Defendant = us (all humans ever conceived)

Advocate lawyer = Jesus, but with a big caveat. He only advocates for those who his Father chose and he delivered. (He didn't miss one his Father chose.)

Prosecuting attorney -- only needed if Jesus isn't advocating, and pretty much, it's over if he's not, so who cares if there is one? Our sins speak for us, if he does not.

Prosecuting material = either Jesus on that cross in our stead, or every single sin we ever committed.

Verdict = Perfect, not merely "not guilty," if Jesus is our advocate. After all, it depends what he did, since it's established what we do. Pure righteous judgment, if he ain't.

Important Notes to consider: This isn't about an eternal wonderland vacation plan. Eternity started for those whom have been chosen the day we were chosen. This is about serving, worshiping, and enjoying God eternally. He's the focus.

And one thought, that's purely something I think: Judgement DAY, not week, month, year, century, so I suspect it's all done at once, outside time and space.

Jan 7, 2015
1 Peter 4:17-19 "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?[SUP]18 [/SUP]And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
[SUP]19 [/SUP]Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator."

Nov 19, 2012
And I saw a Great White Throne, and the One sitting on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled; and a place was not found for them. And I saw the dead, the small and the great, standing before God. And books were opened. And another Book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged out of the things written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell gave up the dead in them. And they were each judged according to their works. And death and hell were thrown into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death. And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the Lake of Fire. (Rev 20.11 – 15)

· Two different sets of books are present at Judgment.

· One set consists of many books, and is filled with the works of the unrighteous.

· The other set consists of just one book, and is filled with the names of the Righteous.

· The Lamb’s singular Book of Life contains the names of the Righteous, only. No works.

· The other books (plural) contain the works of the un-righteous, only. No names.

· Both the Righteous and the un-righteous have works....but it is only the un-righteous who are judged by it.

· The unrighteous are judged by their works, as they lack faith.

· The righteous are not judged by their works, as they have faith.

· The righteous are rewarded for their faith-based works.

· Only the 'dead' are judged.

· The ‘Living’ are not judged.

· The Righteous are saved from Judgment by their faith

· When it states that the Righteous will judge, it is referring to the names written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, used as a reference point, opened at Judgment in order to judge the unrighteous.

Last edited:
T

thebesttrees

And I saw a Great White Throne, and the One sitting on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled; and a place was not found for them. And I saw the dead, the small and the great, standing before God. And books were opened. And another Book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged out of the things written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead in it. And death and hell gave up the dead in them. And they were each judged according to their works. And death and hell were thrown into the Lake of Fire. This is the second death. And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the Lake of Fire. (Rev 20.11 – 15)

· Two different sets of books are present at Judgment.

· One set consists of many books, and is filled with the works of the unrighteous.

· The other set consists of just one book, and is filled with the names of the Righteous.

· The Lamb’s singular Book of Life contains the names of the Righteous, only. No works.

· The other books (plural) contain the works of the un-righteous, only. No names.

· Both the Righteous and the un-righteous have works....but it is only the un-righteous who are judged by it.

· The unrighteous are judged by their works, as they lack faith.

· The righteous are not judged by their works, as they have faith.

· The righteous are rewarded for their faith-based works.

· Only the 'dead' are judged.

· The ‘Living’ are not judged.

· The Righteous are saved from Judgment by their faith

· When it states that the Righteous will judge, it is referring to the names written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, used as a reference point, opened at Judgment in order to judge the unrighteous.
"The dead" could refer to the UNBELIEVERS. And "the living" to the BELIEVERS.

K

Kaycie

Jesus says He will separate the sheep from the goats, the wheat from the weeds. Gods people will judge the world, and angels (1 Cor. 6:2,3). Then God will take vengeance on those who know not God, and obey not the gospel of His Son. What is the gospel? It is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ- which we reenact at baptism. This is how we get into Christ (Romans 6), we then have to remain in Christ, being faithful until death.

We come into contact with His spiritual blood (the only antidote for sin) when we join Him in His death (baptism), and we stay in contact with His life saving blood when we partake of the Lords super in the assembly of the saints upon the first day of the week. If you get into Christ you get saved. If you stay in Christ you stay saved. Now just as a newborn baby has to eat and grow in order to not die, a babe in Christ has to feed off the word for the rest of its life, and grow in Christ, just as a baby matures into an adult. You must lead a life of prayer, having fellowship with God, then the blood of Christ purifies you from ALL sin. 1 John 1:7

image.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2009
Perhaps judgment day can be described as a day when "the chickens come home to roost."

Dec 12, 2013
The Father judgeth no man, but has committed all judgment unto the SON....

1. The saved will be judged at the judgment seat of Christ and will be rewarded and or lose rewards based upon their level of service...they will not be condemned to hell and will be allowed entrance into the Kingdom of God because the condemnation of the law has been removed dia faith in Christ and when the Father sees the blood he will pass over you...

2. The Lost will be judged at the Great White Throne and in accordance with the law. They will be found guilty, condemned by the law, awarded their punishment in the lake of fire....and be cast from the presence of God.

The only way to escape is to acknowledge Jesus Christ by faith!