Just a thought...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Amandanovella

Hey yall, just a thought. I was driving to the store the other day and i saw a bumper sticker. It read, "Is God really against abortion?" and below that it had John 3:16. I have been thinking about that for a long time. My question is ...is it stated in the Bible that abortion is wrong or was that just something "man" has come up with. Dont get me wrong I am not for abortion. I think its the worse thing anyone could ever do. I dont care the situation if you dont want your baby then there are tons of choices...adoption hello??? Anyways I was just wanting to know your thoughts or opinions.

M

meggars

Well...I'd say ''Thou shalt not murder'' pretty well covers it...and I realize some people would like to debate on what point in a baby's development it counts as ''life'' but I would say to that, since God ''created my inmost being'' and ''knit me together in my mother's womb'' (Psalm 139:13) he considered me to be ME right from the start. A life just like any other. Besides that, microbes, bacteria and amoebas are considered ''life''....and if they are, why wouldn't a baby beginning from just a few cells be considered ''life''? just my 2 cents for what it's worth

Crimson_Lark

Apr 17, 2012
Amandanovella: Did you read John 3:16?

A

Amandanovella

Great thoughts...and yes Crimson_Lark i have read John 3:16...it was the first verse i memorized but look at it. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." God sent Jesus to die for us for our sins...all on his shoulders. My point is that if we dont make clear God's word people will translate it in many different ways. Just here for instance...the person took this verse and said that God is for abortion basically just because God sacrificed his Son for us...get it?

Crimson_Lark

Apr 17, 2012
There are so many problems with that parallel.

First, people who support abortion do not consider what happens to be killing a child.
In fact they do not consider abortion to involve a son or daughter. It is merely a zygote or group of cells to them.

Second, Jesus wasn't killed as a baby, he was murdered as an adult. Even if they aren't Christians most people know that a full grown adult male figure on a cross is a representation of Jesus. No womb or mother's "choice" was involved.

So either it was a poor, ignorant attempt(which was probably meant to be intelligent & scathing) at pointing out the *"hypocrisy" of Christians or it was a Christian who thinks God will use the verse to open someone's heart to His love.

Hopefully the latter, maybe the former.