Just curious

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kaykel

Dec 26, 2020
I just wanted to know, what exactly gets you banned from the forum? I just want to know so I dont end up doing it

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I just wanted to know, what exactly gets you banned from the forum? I just want to know so I dont end up doing it
Mostly just use common sense. And don't push beliefs that don't line up with traditional Christian beliefs (Catholicism, LDS, other religions, etc).
There is no posted list that gives exacts. But it's a Christian forum so act in a way that seems fitting.
Most rule breaks will get you a warning, you have to doing something extreme or continue doing wrong things to get banned.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Also read the 'Terms of Service' at the bottom of the screen for some tips:)

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Kaykel,simple,judge not and ye shall not be judged yourself. Though opinions may differ on any given subject here,we state our belief on the subject,that is fine,just leave room for the same grace Jesus gives us all.( Rom 2:1-5) VERSE!!!!! 4!!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Denying the Divinity of Christ was at one time tops on the list of ban-worthy offenses.

T

taylorswiftfan

Mostly just use common sense. And don't push beliefs that don't line up with traditional Christian beliefs (Catholicism, LDS, other religions, etc).
There is no posted list that gives exacts. But it's a Christian forum so act in a way that seems fitting.
Most rule breaks will get you a warning, you have to doing something extreme or continue doing wrong things to get banned.
did you just say that promoting catholic beliefs is against the rules ???

I've seen quite a lot of catholics here so I doubt that is the case ???

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.

I've seen a lot of catholics here so I doubt that is the case ???
I don't know of anyone banned if they stick to scripture. Its false doctrine, and dogma that starts quarrels. Heresy, spamming and trolling are the big three that usually gets folks banned around here. Be advised there's plenty of former catholics here that know the bible better than most Nuns.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

I've seen quite a lot of catholics here so I doubt that is the case ???
It depends. The owner of the the site has identified Catholicism as heretical, and many here agree, as well.

Some Catholics have been banned due to various reasons.

T

taylorswiftfan

It depends. The owner of the the site has identified Catholicism as heretical, and many here agree, as well.

Some Catholics have been banned due to various reasons.
I'm not catholic but I don't think that's fair

I think all christian denominations should be allowed here

if a belief is heretical, then it should be criticised rather than banned

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Everybody is welcome here. However, promoting heresy is not.

Nor is prolonged abuse, which heresy pushers sometimes over-indulge.

G

Godsgirl83

I think it's more the way in which things are criticised that gets the person banned......

T

taylorswiftfan

Everybody is welcome here. But promoting heresy is not.

Nor is prolonged abuse, which heresy pushers sometimes over-indulge.
does this site have a complete list of what isn't allowed ???

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
does this site have a complete list of what isn't allowed ???
There used to be a full list of Terms on the old platform, which changed late May of 2018... now the Terms of Service (linked at the bottom of the page) do not really say what is and is not acceptable, though there are stickied threads made by mods, especially in the Bible Discussion Forum, saying certain things are not allowed. Common sense and good manners never really go out of style, but you wouldn't always know it LOL. Now the Terms of Service say among other things:

We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service
at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable,
unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in
connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service.

If you really want a more detailed list of what is and is not acceptable, you can always ask @Oncefallen :)

I have seen him post such lists before, but have not seen one for some time.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
There used to be a full list of Terms on the old platform, which changed late May of 2018... now the Terms of Service (linked at the bottom of the page) do not really say what is and is not acceptable, though there are stickied threads made by mods, especially in the Bible Discussion Forum, saying certain things are not allowed. Common sense and good manners never really go out of style, but you wouldn't always know it LOL. Now the Terms of Service say among other things:

We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service
at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable,
unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in
connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service.

If you really want a more detailed list of what is and is not acceptable, you can always ask @Oncefallen :)

I have seen him post such lists before, but have not seen one for some time.
It says in working class english; They have almost all of the rights. They make up all of the rules. They are free to change the rules at any time, as they see fit. And if you don't like it you shouldn't join.

If you stick to scripture without trying to redefine what words actually mean into something else 99 0/0 of the time, everything will be cool. Scripture is only what the Bible says not Father Carrigan, Brother Joe, Sister Mary Elephant says. Not Budda, The Dahli Llama or Albert Einstein either. If what they say contradicts what the Bible says. They will have 0.0 Credibility. The bible is never wrong! They almost always will question and or warn you first. I've tested them myself. They have always listened to my reasons and were pretty fair. Sometimes I had to agree to just drop the topic and move on.

I'm one of the ex Catholics here. If you use the PM option (the letter icon at the top right of the page) they'll leave you/us alone in privacy. But if someone tries to sell you something you can report them. I've done it and they were entirely deleted without a trace.