KEEP YOUR FORK

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

leila

Apr 18, 2009
[FONT=&quot]
There was a woman who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and was given 3 months to live. As she began getting her things "in order" she called her pastor and asked him to come to her house to discuss certain aspects of her final wishes. She told him which songs she wanted sung at her service, what scriptures she wanted read, and what dress she wanted to be buried in. She also requested that she be buried with her Bible in her left hand.

Everything was in order, and as the pastor was preparing to leave, the woman suddenly remembered one final request that was very important to her. "Please, Pastor, just one more thing," she said excitedly. "Sure, what is it," came the pastor's reply.
"This is very important to me," the woman continued ... I want to be buried holding a fork in my right hand."

The pastor gazed at the woman with a loss for words. "That surprises you, doesn't it?" the woman said. The pastor replied, "Well, to be quite honest I am puzzled by the request." The woman explained, "You see, pastor, in all my years attending church socials and potluck dinners, I remember after the main course and the dishes were being cleared somebody will inevitably lean over to me and say .... 'keep your fork' .... that was my favorite part because I knew that something better was coming, like the velvety chocolate cake, or deep dish apple pie. Something wonderful to add substance to end the great meal."

The pastor listened intently as the woman continued, "So, you see Pastor, I just want people to see me there in my casket with a fork in my hand, and I want them to wonder ... 'What's with the fork?' ... then I want you to tell them: 'Keep your fork ~ the BEST is yet to come!"

The pastor's eyes filled with tears of joy as he hugged the woman goodbye. He knew that this would be one of the last times he would see her before her death. He also knew that this woman had a better grasp of Heaven than even he did. She KNEW and trusted that the BEST was yet to come.
At the funeral, everyone who walked by the woman's casket saw her wearing a beautiful dress, with her Bible held in her left hand and a fork in her right hand.

Over and over the pastor heard people ask, "Why is she holding a fork?" and his smile began to get larger and brighter each time. During his message, the pastor told the people about the conversation he had had with the woman shortly before her death. He explained the fork and what it symbolized to her.

So, the next time you reach for your fork, remember ~

THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
Do you know for certain you will spend eternity in Heaven?

John 10: 28
"And I give unto them eternal life;
and they shall never perish, neither
shall any man pluck them out of my hand."
[/FONT]

Aug 25, 2011
<left hand> Redemption.
<right hand> Peacekeeper.
<head> Helmet of Salvation.
<chest> Coat of many colors.
<waist> Truth Girdle.
<feet> Gospel Prepariation Boots.