I thought tax fraud (or any fraud) required one to lie? I'm no lawyer, but I understand Kent Hovind dealt honestly with his government? Just because the Mafia or any other bunch of crooks tells you that you owe them a debt, doesn't make it so, even if they have more guns. (That said, if you don't pay 'em what they say you owe, you'll usually end up dead, or in Hovind's case, jail).
The primary purpose of Answers in Genesis, Creation etc. is to support the biblical account of creation over evolution, which I believe they do well. They also deal with some other theological issues, and some of these they do well. Other areas, however, I believe they fall short (e.g. their stance on genetic modification, their naturalistic interpretation of the "sons of God" in Genesis 6, their opposition to Geocentrism). Again, these areas aren't the primary focus of such ministries, and I also realise that openly denouncing any unlawful government action or focusing on related conspiracies could jeopardise their tax (exempt?) status.
From listening to some of Hovind's videos, he was unafraid to call conspiracy where he saw conspiracy, or to denounce unlawful government action where it was unlawful. I was really just saying that if people want to know more about the conspiracy than just creation/evolution, Hovind is a great source to start with.