Kentucky Chili Con Carne

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
4 lbs. = Ground beef * Take the meat and pick off pieces or slice with a knife and drop pieces of the ground beef in BOILING water or an hour.

~~~~~~~~ while the hamburger is boiling ~~~~~~~~~~
in a crock pot put in;

2 - 10 oz = Tomato puree [ I use hunts]
2 1/2 tablespoons = garlic salt
3 Tablespoons = chili Powder [ I use Mexene chili powder ]
2 medium = onions [ cut up fine or grated ]
2 or 3 cups = Cornflakes ( crushed before measuring, DEFINITELY use Kellogg brand, other makes the taste not as good.
1 Tablespoon = Hot sauce [ I use Durkee hot sauce. ]
2 cups = water, [I use the broth from the boiled ground beef after its through.

~~~~~~~
After the meat is boiled for 1 hour, drain off the water[remember to save the 2 cups to add to ingredients in the crock pot. ]..
Put meat into the crock pot with other ingredients, put on high cook for 2 hours.

Feb 28, 2016
Thanks, this looks and sounds like a great 'feeding' - good share, thanks again...

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
Thanks, this looks and sounds like a great 'feeding' - good share, thanks again...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
we have a root beer stand here and its the original recipe...its wonderful.. I cant wait until you make it, tell me what you think , you will make it no other way. I only keep recipes that are great tasting...lol

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Is that a lot of salt?

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
Is that a lot of salt?
```the garlic salt? it must not be, cause I don't like a lot of salt at all on food, and I would sure taste it....but you can leave it out if you like.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
4 lbs. = Ground beef * Take the meat and pick off pieces or slice with a knife and drop pieces of the ground beef in BOILING water or an hour.

~~~~~~~~ while the hamburger is boiling ~~~~~~~~~~
in a crock pot put in;

2 - 10 oz = Tomato puree [ I use hunts]
2 1/2 tablespoons = garlic salt
3 Tablespoons = chili Powder [ I use Mexene chili powder ]
2 medium = onions [ cut up fine or grated ]
2 or 3 cups = Cornflakes ( crushed before measuring, DEFINITELY use Kellogg brand, other makes the taste not as good.
1 Tablespoon = Hot sauce [ I use Durkee hot sauce. ]
2 cups = water, [I use the broth from the boiled ground beef after its through.

~~~~~~~
After the meat is boiled for 1 hour, drain off the water[remember to save the 2 cups to add to ingredients in the crock pot. ]..
Put meat into the crock pot with other ingredients, put on high cook for 2 hours.
What does boiling the hamburger do for it, and isn't there a lot of fat in the left-over water to put back in? If it's for the flavor I can understand that. I might try it bc I can't even imagine what corn flakes in chili would taste like. Well anyway thx for the adventure!

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
What does boiling the hamburger do for it, and isn't there a lot of fat in the left-over water to put back in? If it's for the flavor I can understand that. I might try it bc I can't even imagine what corn flakes in chili would taste like. Well anyway thx for the adventure!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

…….boiling the hamburger is cooking it, I guess if you want to have less fat.
…….you don't taste the corn flakes at all, …...
...….the water you put back is only 2 cups, it gives it the flavor it needs but you can use just water, but it will taste like something is missing, cause I tried it like that before.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

…….boiling the hamburger is cooking it, I guess if you want to have less fat.
…….you don't taste the corn flakes at all, …...
...….the water you put back is only 2 cups, it gives it the flavor it needs but you can use just water, but it will taste like something is missing, cause I tried it like that before.
Well I'm gonna have to try that and don't let anyone know what's in it til after they eat, lol, ty!