Kenwood Mills Ottawa Canada

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Last winter I bought a US made wool blanket and really liked the temperature range and comfort over my synthetic blankets and quilts. Wool breaths so much better and I find that I sleep more soundly. However, it's rather thin and I sleep best in a cool bedroom so this got me to thinking, maybe I should get one more instead of using an extra fleece or quilt. I asked the Lord and in a week or two was motivated to go to a thrift store for the first time in a long time. I thought it wouldn't hurt to check and see if there was anything available. I happened to find this Kenwood Wool Blanket! Exactly this checkerboard color/ design, except it wasn't $125+$20 shipping.

Kenwood Vintage Wool Blanket
1676164641464.png
This is truly a blessing from the Lord. I was reminded of what Jesus told us.

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good
things to them that ask him?
"
Matthew 7

We are very blessed to have such a kind Father, aren't we?

I was interested in the history and details and found out that this was made in an old wool mill that has been long out of business. It was in Ottawa and learned about it in this old film. I'll post it in case any of our Canadian friends are curious about Ottawa history.

Godsgirl1983

Feb 2, 2023
OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
That just touched and made my heart swell up sooooo BIG, and put a HUGE grin across my face!
It's the little things that are just so :D huh?
I like to call them "hugs from Heaven" because every time something like this happens to me it does feel like a big hug from Abba Father saying "I love you! I'm watching over you and blessing and providing for you!"

Thanks for sharing!

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I remember in June of 2012, I had a "honeymoon" with God, for want of a better term. I was on a serious spiritual high. I was grateful for all sorts of things I normally am not. I was thankful for strawberries, because unlike my poor grandmother who loved them, I was not allergic to them.

But, yes... sometimes it's the little things. I remember years ago I was hunting for a turntable, and found the one I wanted, and it had been marked down about 40%, so it was easily affordable.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
That just touched and made my heart swell up sooooo BIG, and put a HUGE grin across my face!
It's the little things that are just so :D huh?
I like to call them "hugs from Heaven" because every time something like this happens to me it does feel like a big hug from Abba Father saying "I love you! I'm watching over you and blessing and providing for you!"

Thanks for sharing!
I was looking online at options of different European, alpaca and a variety. Then it occurred to me to try one place locally that I was thinking of donating to. I believe it was the Lord because it was such a nice quality 100% wool and at the perfect time. . I agree that it is exactly like you said. I'd rather have gotten one led by Him to the blessing than take it upon myself to covet something online that I really didn't have to get.

James 1 says, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and cometh down from the Father of lights...."

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I remember in June of 2012, I had a "honeymoon" with God, for want of a better term. I was on a serious spiritual high. I was grateful for all sorts of things I normally am not. I was thankful for strawberries, because unlike my poor grandmother who loved them, I was not allergic to them.

But, yes... sometimes it's the little things. I remember years ago I was hunting for a turntable, and found the one I wanted, and it had been marked down about 40%, so it was easily affordable.
Those aren't coincidences. Those are true blessings. 🙂👍

Btw, how do you remember the date so we'll?

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Those aren't coincidences. Those are true blessings. 🙂👍

Btw, how do you remember the date so we'll?
Because that was a very special time spiritually.

On the very early morning of June 16th, about 2AM-ish, I told God that I was going to write Him a blank check. Now, coming out of me that meant as much as I was able to carry that through, and I made that clear in my prayer. I told him that 1% of 1% of me was saying this, and the rest... we'll only see. I did not know. And, I was crying, partly out of fear, because of what this could mean. (I think I let satan later damage this commitment with a spiritual missile, as I got very angry at God that summer about something, but that's another conversation). But...

For roughly two-plus weeks after that time, I was on a spiritual high. I was grateful for everything. Strawberries, electricity, my refrigerator, sheesh. I was finding parking spaces right near my apartment, maybe every other night which, if you know the area, you'd understand just how significant that was. It was almost unheard of.

The date was my friend's birthday, and this prayer occurred in his back yard when the festivities were dying down.

Oh... It seems that on the moment of this prayer -- and I mean immediately -- an anxiety-laden compulsion that absorbed hours of my time each day, and that caused me to sin, was completely wiped out.

Of course, these aren't relevant to this thread as these are not "little things", at least not to me.