Killing and Hell

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TrainedtoSave

I was having a discussion with a Pastor a couple days ago and he clearly stated that no matter what if you kill someone your going to burn in hell.

So I was wondering what all of you thought about the subject

C

Consumed

Has he heard of repentance? there might and will be a consequence here, jail but who knows a mans heart but God, Jesus died for all sin, past present and future. Of course that doesn't mean go shoot your pastor now lol

Feb 17, 2010
What about Paul? He took more people to their death than ANY one I know. And my friend if Killing is wrong, then why justify false teaching? Trainedtosave, there is no big or small sin, If God says thou shalt not kill, and beware the false teachers, it is the Same God that knows the same results awaits them all...HELL! But those that TURN AWAY from what the Holy Spirit told them to turn away from...THEIR SINS WILL BE FORGIVEN.... Consumed is right, Jesus did die for all sin, but not all people took the sin to the cross, they HANG ON TO THEIR SIN... That Pastor you spake too, I would like to talk to him.... What about the sinner on the cross next to Jesus? Right there he was saved... What about king David, he also turned to God. What about me? Jesus says if I call a brother "YOU FOOL" I am also IN DANGER OF HELL!!! See even this verse in Matthew 5:22 tells me I am only in danger, not codemned...BECAUSE As long as I live I can REPENT!!!! The first steps to salvation. Every sin in your life, God will adress as he did this one. and if you repent, you will be baptzed by HIM. The great SALVATION CONCLUDED!!! Repent and be baptized...And you are set free, even from your old self and all the evil... Jesus Christ is the AWESOME saviour... Do not stop following Him until HE SAYS OK YOU ARE IN ME NOW....

Last edited:
E

eternally-gratefull

I was having a discussion with a Pastor a couple days ago and he clearly stated that no matter what if you kill someone your going to burn in hell.

Your pastor must not read the OT very well. Moses killed an Egyptian soldier. King David killed a man because he committed adultery with his wife and got her pregnant. Oh and by the way. King David was called by God a man after his own heart.

Not saying we should go out and kills someone. That would be horribly wrong. But God says those who lie are just as guilty and deserving of eternal damnation as those who commit murder, adultery or any other sin. James makes it clear. You break even the least of all Gods commands you are guilty of the whole law (like you broke all of them.

Your pastor needs some help. He might be one you might need to run from.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 21, 2009
Well there's King David, Moses, Saul who is Paul and the like very wrong Pastor as one said repentance. There are many pastors who are bad teachers. People in the bible fought wars and God was the head.

Jul 25, 2011
Revelation 21:8 *But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The above applies if you do not repent and obey the gospel (Acts 20:21/1 Corinthians 15:1-4/Romans 10:9)

Philippians 3:6 *Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7 *But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 *Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 *¶And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Galatians 1:13 *For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

Acts 8:1 *¶And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.
2 *And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.
3 *As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.

If Saul/Paul never repented and believed on Jesus Christ, he would have been damned according to Revelation 21:8.

When pastors/teachers don't line up with the scripture, you choose what scripture teaches over their teachings.

Psalms 138:2 *I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Luke 4:4 *And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

2 Timothy 3:16 *All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 *That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The end.

Jan 18, 2011

Sounds like a false teacher on his own way to hell and bringing others along with him. Be wary of that one.

9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. (2 John 9)

Feb 16, 2011
I believe you would go to hell if you killed someone. But I think it should be emphasized that God does forgive people. It's not the unforgiveable sin or anything. But without repentance you would be going to Hell.

G

Graybeard

If I'm not mistaken, I don't think it says anywhere in the Bible that one must not kill.....

Dec 19, 2009

I don’t know for sure, but I think killing in self-defense, or in defense of those you care about, is okay, though only when done as a last resort.

Jan 18, 2011
If I'm not mistaken, I don't think it says anywhere in the Bible that one must not kill.....
I don’t know for sure, but I think killing in self-defense, or in defense of those you care about, is okay, though only when done as a last resort.
We're talking about murder here.

8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8)

15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. (Revelation 22:15)

C

Consumed

Your pastor needs some help. He might be one you might need to run from.[/B][/COLOR]
Just don't kill him first. Hey ask your pastor if he believes in the death penalty?? Eye for a eye tooth for tooth. That would be interesting in itself if he believes repentant murders go to hell

G

Graybeard

We're talking about murder here.

8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8)

15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. (Revelation 22:15)
killing and murder..two different things entirely...

Jan 18, 2011
killing and murder..two different things entirely...
Right, murder is a type of killing. The death penalty for example typically isn't considered murder, nor killing in self defense, nor in war, etc.