Kim Jong ll's death and what it means

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Grey

Today the leader of North Korea, Kim Jong ll died of a heart attack, his son Kim Jong Un is next in line, this is important to us because of the persecution of Christians in North Korea, perhaps it is the most hostile country to us, and tens of thousands of Christians are estimated to be imprisoned, I pray and hope you do as well my brothers and sisters that this death and new heir may somehow ease their suffering and perhaps put an end to this mindless hatred of our faith.

alienx7587

Jul 10, 2011
Kim John is dead? I didn't even know he was Il! :p

Seriously though... I hope you're right. N. Korea is an evil land ruled by fear and ruthlessness. From what I understand, his son is equally as steadfast in his hatred toward western civilizations. In the past they have been very reliant on China and, previously the Soviet Union both of whom have and still do provide military and financial support. We must continue to pray for softening of King Jongs heart.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Its been all over the news, yes he has passed.
Praying as well that this will bring peace.

God bless
pickles

S

Steve4U

Lord,

asking for relief and release for all persecuted there,

in Jesus' compassion,

and a new life for North Korea,

in God.

"Let there be light". Amen.

Cleante

May 7, 2010
The status quo will continue in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea). This is my research focus in International Relations. The regime has been grooming Kim Jong-un for about two years to provide a seamless transition from father to son. Institutions are resistant to change and the regime is cemented into place.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Re: Kim Jong ll's death and what it means

It means much occasion for self-righteous people to point their fingers at Jong-Il and say: look at that evil man! but me, I am a good person.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Kim Jong ll's death and what it means
Obviously the Lord thought it was time for N Korea to have another ruler (rather than kim Jong Il), as it is the Most High who rules in the kingdom of men (Dan 4v17)...this man (and his evil regime) must rank as one of the cruelest rulers in recent history, personally nice to see the back of him as the world does not need rulers like this, which all to often it has.

As regards what it means...well, either (as already stated) a seemless transition to seeing Kim Jong-un put in place or maybe some kind of power struggle with bloodshed resulting. Maybe it might even lead (in the not to distant future) to N and S Korea being reunited with a democratic government...

P

peterT

Today the leader of North Korea, Kim Jong ll died of a heart attack, his son Kim Jong Un is next in line, this is important to us because of the persecution of Christians in North Korea, perhaps it is the most hostile country to us, and tens of thousands of Christians are estimated to be imprisoned, I pray and hope you do as well my brothers and sisters that this death and new heir may somehow ease their suffering and perhaps put an end to this mindless hatred of our faith.
Sorry I can’t see it getting better for Christians because Kim Jong died.

My bible says it’s going to get worse for Christians not better.

Matt24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

G

Grey

I suppose that is true.

R

RachelBibleStudent

Sorry I can’t see it getting better for Christians because Kim Jong died.

My bible says it’s going to get worse for Christians not better.

Matt24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
that doesn't mean things cannot get better for christians temporarily...or in certain places...

B

Bloodwashed

Yes! Amen! Lets all pray with the Christians in S. Korea, that a door would open into the north, for the gospel!--Mark!--