Kind of a weird question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
I was just wondering what is Heaven like and what is Hell like according to the Bible. Do people still have their body, soul, and spirit, or just their soul.
Perhaps you would read the Bible and tell US. It's not a long book.
Well, it’s SORTA long, but not THAT long.

clarkthompson

Jul 8, 2012
the bible does not say that much about heaven it gives a chapter in Rev 21 and a little other places in the bible but the bible does not want us to focus to much on where we will be but how we serve God now the bible does teach that we will have new bodies that are pure so we will be with the though of sin I think we will be much like Adam before the fall

Jul 12, 2012
Everything the guy in the video said seemes nice and seems right. The only problem is the Bible says that there is a hell with eternal torment.
The problem is that it DOESN'T say that. Symbolism.

Hell is a mistranslation. "hell" means to bury a potato spud in the ground, or to store them in a cellar. The word was "grave" and "hades". Do homework and be set free from "hell".

Eternity and forever are mistranslations. Aeon and Olam mean "age" but before that, both meant "beyond comprehension" it does not inherently apply to time. Do homework and be set free from "eternity".

Torment is a mistranslation. "Basanos" is a touchstone used for testing purity of gold, silver, etc. Do homework, you will be set free from "torture".

The Set Apart Spirit is a COMFORTER.
There's no comfort in believing that a person who was once an innocent and deceived 3 year old who was beat by his dad, then snowballed into a serial killer ALL BECAUSE OF THAT HEART KILLING BEATING...
will be tormented forever. Blasphemy of the Set Apart Spirit in the true sense of the words.

There is a lake of "fire" but people don't understand the symbolism, and you can't teach them otherwise.
Only the Set Apart Spirit can reveal. EVERYTHING works on the basis of eye for eye. Sins are revisited.
There is only ONE reason to believe in a wretched "hell-god", and that is if you WANT to see "bad" people burn in "hell". There's no gospel (good news) in that.

King James' guys were commissioned to deliver a "poetic masterpiece", which replaces "YHWH" with "LORD" i.e. "Baal" which is the word "lord". He's our "daddy" not our "lord"
Choose a calf, I'll take the one you don't want. Offer yours to "LORD" and I will offer mine to YHWH, and we'll see what happens. The fire consumes the offering, the wood, the water, the 12 stones, the earth, and even the little "sea" at the base of the altar. EVERYTHING is accepted after it passes through the fire.

Get out of the pew and the sins inherited by our fathers and learn what the word says.
The mistranslations and corrupted symbolism exist by design to TEST YOUR HEART.
The time limit on the exam is almost over, and the students are copying off their neighbor because they don't know the material. Fortunately, the teacher grades on a curve and Y'Shua got enough extra credit to carry the whole class.
Babylon = confusion = "mommy will daddy be in heaven? no, dear, daddy didn't 'accept' Jeebus, but you'll still be happy"
Peace.

S

selenah

The problem is that it DOESN'T say that. Symbolism.

Hell is a mistranslation. "hell" means to bury a potato spud in the ground, or to store them in a cellar. The word was "grave" and "hades". Do homework and be set free from "hell".

Eternity and forever are mistranslations. Aeon and Olam mean "age" but before that, both meant "beyond comprehension" it does not inherently apply to time. Do homework and be set free from "eternity".

Torment is a mistranslation. "Basanos" is a touchstone used for testing purity of gold, silver, etc. Do homework, you will be set free from "torture".

The Set Apart Spirit is a COMFORTER.
There's no comfort in believing that a person who was once an innocent and deceived 3 year old who was beat by his dad, then snowballed into a serial killer ALL BECAUSE OF THAT HEART KILLING BEATING...
will be tormented forever. Blasphemy of the Set Apart Spirit in the true sense of the words.

There is a lake of "fire" but people don't understand the symbolism, and you can't teach them otherwise.
Only the Set Apart Spirit can reveal. EVERYTHING works on the basis of eye for eye. Sins are revisited.
There is only ONE reason to believe in a wretched "hell-god", and that is if you WANT to see "bad" people burn in "hell". There's no gospel (good news) in that.

King James' guys were commissioned to deliver a "poetic masterpiece", which replaces "YHWH" with "LORD" i.e. "Baal" which is the word "lord". He's our "daddy" not our "lord"
Choose a calf, I'll take the one you don't want. Offer yours to "LORD" and I will offer mine to YHWH, and we'll see what happens. The fire consumes the offering, the wood, the water, the 12 stones, the earth, and even the little "sea" at the base of the altar. EVERYTHING is accepted after it passes through the fire.

Get out of the pew and the sins inherited by our fathers and learn what the word says.
The mistranslations and corrupted symbolism exist by design to TEST YOUR HEART.
The time limit on the exam is almost over, and the students are copying off their neighbor because they don't know the material. Fortunately, the teacher grades on a curve and Y'Shua got enough extra credit to carry the whole class.
Babylon = confusion = "mommy will daddy be in heaven? no, dear, daddy didn't 'accept' Jeebus, but you'll still be happy"
Peace.
That does make alot more sense. Thanks that really settles a bunch of issues for me. I've been thinking about that stuff for a while and it really bothered me. The whole idea of eternal hell and torment just doesn't seem right. The symbolism in the Bible is really confusing though. I don't get why there's so many things in the Bible, not just about hell, that are symbols and the literal meanings of words aren't what's meant, if that made any sense.

Jul 12, 2012
That does make alot more sense. Thanks that really settles a bunch of issues for me. I've been thinking about that stuff for a while and it really bothered me. The whole idea of eternal hell and torment just doesn't seem right. The symbolism in the Bible is really confusing though. I don't get why there's so many things in the Bible, not just about hell, that are symbols and the literal meanings of words aren't what's meant, if that made any sense.
The struggle you mention is the struggle that Jacob had. Earlier that day, he divided the camp hoping that half would be "saved". But YHWH had only told him "go back", not "do a bunch of extra stuff".
His name was then changed from "supplanter" to "struggles with El"

Can you see how a person's name is written in the "Lamb's book of life" ?
Are you Jacob? Are you Israel? The whole thing is written to and about your personal walk. If you take it's advice, you will see your story (usually in hind-sight) played out just like the one you are reading.

The symbolism, in my opinion, was introduced from these following observations (my own)
1. To preserve the core elements of the stories. Translators can mess up pronouns and such, but it's hard to mess up "tree" and "earth" etc. However, these are still subject to misunderstanding.
2. So children can learn and remember the stories. Unfortunately, when we come of age, we no longer have elders to explain the meanings.
3. This happened a LONG time ago, when language was FAR less intricate than say English or Chinese. Words were recycled for more than one meaning, especially for "ideas". Context guides.

An example: (my understanding of symbolism, please ask the Father to explain for you, because everyone including myself is prone to error.)

A stone is a testimony. Peter said he believed Y'Shua was the son of Elohim, and he came to that conclusion because it had been revealed personally to him by the Father. <--- On this testimony, (rock) the true church is built.

We were originally told to cast our testimonies against sinners until they "die" that is: die to the sin and stop. Otherwise they are to be "cut off", cast out of the camp. This is the same type of thing you see in NT when we are instructed on how to approach a transgressor, singly, doubly, then with the assembly, and to excommunicate if they do not see how their sin hurts others.

The pharisees and those before had made the mistake of taking the word literally instead of symbolically, so they were in the business of killing sinners, even though you shall not murder. Y'Shua being without sin and referring to Himself, cast the first "stone" at the pharisees, when He said "let him without sin cast the first stone." and I'm sure it smacked them right in their "head."
:p

Last edited: