King Cake, 12Th Night Cake

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
This apparently is a very popular Cake the world around.

When did you last have some and when was the last time you found the "bean" ?

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I'm intrigued so I checked it out and wow, all the interpretations of 'royal desserts' in the images. Thx for sharing this.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

I don't think I've ever had 12th night cake... :unsure:

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
It's a very popular bread/cake that most countries have celebrating the wise men who visited Jesus.

Even in France *considered to be the most secular European country * the average person will enjoy around 5 different settings of king cake and 65% of the population admits trying to maneuvering the piece with the baby Jesus in it into a child's portion.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I saw these pics when I went looking for images :) This one is certainly colorful! I approve its purpleness:D
Purple, Green and Gold are SOP for King Cake for New Orleans in Louisiana.

I'm forgetting what each of the colors represent at the moment....Green is for faith.

But it's very popular and usually has cinnamon sugar...but it can have chocolate or something else inside of the oval cake.

A crown is usually part of the cake outside the USA but here we have beaded necklaces....all have the baby inside.

And also a popular variation is that the cake is made from Danish dough. So it is similar to a danish.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Purple, Green and Gold are SOP for King Cake for New Orleans in Louisiana.

I'm forgetting what each of the colors represent at the moment....Green is for faith.

But it's very popular and usually has cinnamon sugar...but it can have chocolate or something else inside of the oval cake.

A crown is usually part of the cake outside the USA but here we have beaded necklaces....all have the baby inside.

And also a popular variation is that the cake is made from Danish dough. So it is similar to a danish.
Danish dough? Oh! Hmmm, I wonder: is it is anything like challah?

I figured the colors represented something :D

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Danish dough? Oh! Hmmm, I wonder: is it is anything like challah?

I figured the colors represented something :D
Dunno...never had Challah. Let me look it up and see.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Challah is similar to brioche but it contains oil instead of butter...

Danish dough and true danish is a cross between a Croissant and a brioche. So it will have properties similar to both of those things at the same time plus having been flavored with cardamom.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Challah is similar to brioche but it contains oil instead of butter...

Danish dough and true danish is a cross between a Croissant and a brioche. So it will have properties
similar to both of those things at the same time plus having been flavored with cardamom.
Cardamom is such a strong flavor! It is really good with cinnamon, mixed sparingly of course :)

I like mixing cinnamon with the others herbs used on chicken before baking.

Cardamom often sits very lonely on the shelf :giggle: