Kitchen Disaster

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sensitive

On July 2, 2010 my husband and I discovered our kitchen had been ruined by a hidden pipe in the wall. It was a cast iron pipe concealed in the wall of the kitchen and it had deteriorated and ruined the wall, floor and cabinets. Our claim with the insurance company was denied. We have retained an adjuster to fight for our claim and he collects 15% only if he wins our case. I also filed a complaint with my state insurance commissioner over how badly we were treated by the insurance company.

I am still worried of course that we might not win our case and if that happens we don't know what to do as we do not have the money to fix the kitchen which I have been told by adjusters it needs to be totally gutted and re done. We are living with mold and smell and wood rot right now and just waiting, and waiting and waiting which wears and tears on the nerves. There are health issues involved as well as my son who lives with us, he pays rent but was born with Cystic Fibrosis a lung disease. He is 29 years old and he lives with us because he nearly died in October 2009 from a sepsis of the intestines. This is our home, our investment and we can't afford a loss financially. We simply do not have the financial resources to fix this mess ourselves. I am worried about the continued on going wait, wait and waiting. We need resolution quickly and in our favor.

No, we do not have family that we can go and stay with either. We have to live with it as it is.

C

charisenexcelcis

I will pray for your house situation, for your finances, and for your son's health.

S

sensitive

Thank you for your prayers charisenexcelcis.

A

apple1

Praying for you sensitive. Praying that this situation will work out in your favor and that you faith and your kitchen will be restored, GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY.

apple1

S

sensitive

Thank you all for your prayers. I would like to add something else if you don't mind. I had to call 911 tonight and an ambulance had to come and get my husband. Right now there is something so very bad with his back he can not walk, sit up, turn himself over, nothing, he can not move at all due to severe lower back pain. He was born with scoliosis. The doctor thinks it may be the scoliosis he was born with. This has hit us out of the blue, totally unexpected as we have been together for 32 years and he has never been in this position before. I am terrified not knowing what is going to happen to us with all of this going on. I have to get up and go to work in the morning in spite of all of this and I just left the hospital at nearly 2:00 a.m. in the morning. So if yall don't mind adding this to the rest of the prayers for us we could sure use some miracles right now in a big way.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You are all in my prayers, we had this happen to us 2 yrs ago , although not as bad as what yours sounds like.
The mildew was the worst part, is there anyway you can treat the mildew?
I had to tear out all the walls with ours right away as our daughter is allergic to all mildews.
Ill be praying your ins. will come through for you as well.
In Jesus, God bless.
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Im praying now for your husband as well.
in Jesus, God bless.
pickles

S

sensitive

This chat room is an answer to prayer. Thank all of you. I am getting ready for work right now and wanted to thank you before I go in. In answer to your question, we sprayed, practically dumped bottles of clorox bleach on everything to kill it. Then we thought the fumes from that was overwhelming. I am hoping and praying that when the money comes through however it comes we can get right on it fixing it.
After I get off from work I am going straight to the hospital. This is the first time my husband has ever been admitted to a hospital in our marriage. We have been together now for 32 years. He is only 55, too young I think to have these kinds of problems.

C

charisenexcelcis

This chat room is an answer to prayer. Thank all of you. I am getting ready for work right now and wanted to thank you before I go in. In answer to your question, we sprayed, practically dumped bottles of clorox bleach on everything to kill it. Then we thought the fumes from that was overwhelming. I am hoping and praying that when the money comes through however it comes we can get right on it fixing it.
After I get off from work I am going straight to the hospital. This is the first time my husband has ever been admitted to a hospital in our marriage. We have been together now for 32 years. He is only 55, too young I think to have these kinds of problems.
I am praying. Let us what happens.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I will keep praying as long as you need.
Hugs and God bless, pickles

S

sensitive

My husband is still in the hospital. It has become very serious as now he is fighting a serious life threatening staph infection due to the bee sting. No, he is not allergic to bees, but the bee sting became infected with a staph infection very deadly. He can walk again but still experiencing pain after he was temporarily paralyzed. They gave him very strong medicine last night intravenously to kill the staph infection and talking about working on it surgically today to scoop out the dead tissue and poison in the index finger. In the mean time I was contacted by our representative about the kitchen disaster and he is still working on getting our claim approved by Hartford Insurance Company. He is going to contact our mortgage company today to try and bring pressure on them to pressure the home owners insurance, Hartford to fix the mess. I am so frightened for my husband right now as the particular staph he has is life threatening. With both of the issues going on I am crumbling and a crying mess. I love you all for being here for me to pray. Please continue to pray.

C

charisenexcelcis

My husband is still in the hospital. It has become very serious as now he is fighting a serious life threatening staph infection due to the bee sting. No, he is not allergic to bees, but the bee sting became infected with a staph infection very deadly. He can walk again but still experiencing pain after he was temporarily paralyzed. They gave him very strong medicine last night intravenously to kill the staph infection and talking about working on it surgically today to scoop out the dead tissue and poison in the index finger. In the mean time I was contacted by our representative about the kitchen disaster and he is still working on getting our claim approved by Hartford Insurance Company. He is going to contact our mortgage company today to try and bring pressure on them to pressure the home owners insurance, Hartford to fix the mess. I am so frightened for my husband right now as the particular staph he has is life threatening. With both of the issues going on I am crumbling and a crying mess. I love you all for being here for me to pray. Please continue to pray.
I will pray.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Im still praying.
Hugs and God bless, pickles

S

sensitive

My husband came home from the hospital yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!! The intravenous drugs to kill the staph infection are working! They sent him home with a round of oral drugs to continue killing the staph. He is up walking after being temporarily paralyzed!

Also the representative for us concerning the kitchen disaster called me yesterday. He is going to submit the paper work to get started on our claim this Monday. He works for BenchMark Adjusters Group and he only gets paid 15 percent if he wins our case. He is hopeful but I need you to continue to pray that he wins our case.

I am so very happy to have my husband back home! And he is walking again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God, Jesus and Holy Spirit. Thank you for you for loving people that pray!

student

Jul 20, 2010
Praise God! He is with you.

A

apple1

Thank you for the praise report sensitive. Glad your husband is better. GOD BLESS YOU.

apple1

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
That is wonderful news about your husband, thankyou Jesus!
Ill keep your kitchen needs in my prayers.
Hugs and God bless.
pickles