Lack of Love for God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
If I can be of any encouragement, my husband and I released our worship album, "Peace Be Still" which you can listen to at laurenlehman.com, spotify, itunes, etc. Seeking peace during the storms of life, with Jesus calming the winds and waves. He is right here with us, always.
Wow, thank you for sharing this. I needed this encouragement today. You have a beautiful voice !

Jan 31, 2019
Wow, thank you for sharing this. I needed this encouragement today. You have a beautiful voice !
Ellorah, I am so glad my music and voice encouraged you today! Would you mind letting others know of our music? My husband and I want to bring peace and healing with our music. If you are interested, at www.laurenlehman.com there are more songs and we are also on spotify, ituns, etc.

Ps. I don't have children as of yet, but I always wanted one of my girls to have your name. The princess from "Willow" Are you familiar with this movie?

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
Ellorah, I am so glad my music and voice encouraged you today! Would you mind letting others know of our music? My husband and I want to bring peace and healing with our music. If you are interested, at www.laurenlehman.com there are more songs and we are also on spotify, ituns, etc.

Ps. I don't have children as of yet, but I always wanted one of my girls to have your name. The princess from "Willow" Are you familiar with this movie?
No I'm sure not familiar with that movie but now you have me very curious ? My mother was from Denmark. I thought I must had some weird name that no one else had. Thank you for sharing that info. I'm going to Google the movie.

HanCris

Nov 12, 2018
When we first encounter God and receives Him as our savior, we experience the “First love” for God. We feel the excitement, happiness, freedom, hunger for God’s word and His presence and eagerness to serve. As time goes by many Christians forget their first love for God and becoming indifferent towards God. I also experienced it. I felt that my love for Him is getting cold. I guess God was testing my love for Him. He wants me to prove how much I love Him. What I learned was love for God is a commitment. Commitment that no matter what the world is offering, you can’t exchange your love for God with it. No matter how it brings you joy. You always stick to your commitment that you will love God above all.

I build my love relationship with God by giving time for Him. Consistency and Perseverance are very important. Everyday I give time to read His messages (bible), talk to God (prayer), praising and singing songs for Him (worship) and listen because through that my intimacy with Him will deepen. I spend my Sunday like a date with God. I make Him my #1 priority in everything I do. I give up things that removes God as my top priority. There are times I fail for I am not perfect, so I always repent and humble myself before Him. I always admit to God what I did wrong and ask Him to forgive, purify and change my heart. We need to be honest with God and with yourself. Stop justifying because when we do, we already fail. Have perseverance, there are times that I feel nothing is happening but I have faith that He is working in me. I keep myself busy to the things that makes God happy so that I will not have time for what the world is offering to me. It takes a lot of effort. But it’s worth it. Lastly, I keep my love for God through service. Service is an action out of love. The important with service is obedience. Sometimes we serve only, if we want it. We should ask God on what service does He wants us to commit. Anyway, I hope my experience help you. I pray that your first love for God returns. You can do it. Ajah! :)