'Laughter needed' so cue the dummy ...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

Detroit woman's Halloween decoration prompts repeated police visits

Oct. 9, 2015: Jeannine Haddon poses on the porch of her Halloween decorated home in Detroit. (AP)

A Detroit woman’s Halloween decoration has prompted repeated visits by police.

Larethia Haddon said police showed up to her home Tuesday, the first day she placed a dummy face down in her front yard. Officer Jennifer Moreno told The Detroit News that officers came back to her house on Wednesday and Thursday.

“We received one call each about the dummy on the sixth, seventh and eighth,” Moreno said. “But as of Friday, the only call we received to Mendota was to check on the welfare of a 99-year-old woman.”

By Friday the calls finally ceased. “Just a dummy,” said Officer Shanelle Williams.
I think it's funny. It'd be funny as all get-out to see a passerby kneeling down to start CPR on a straw-filled man. Maybe some people don't have that kind of sense of humor. Too bad.

Last edited:
S

skylove7

Makes me question the intelligence of the police department :)

I mean they returned to her home...yet again on Wednesday and Thursday.

Now you know all police departments have records of the previous calls from that one address.

Lol...a true "DOH" worthy moment for DPD....with a little blush...and one "Oops...pardon me" lol :p

V

Viligant_Warrior

Makes me question the intelligence of the police department :)

I mean they returned to her home...yet again on Wednesday and Thursday.

Now you know all police departments have records of the previous calls from that one address.

Lol...a true "DOH" worthy moment for DPD....with a little blush...and one "Oops...pardon me" lol :p
So they ignore one call tomorrow, and there actually is a man down at or near that address. Then what?

I don't blame them. I'm sure they know what they're going to find every time they go out, but they have to go out every time anyway. It's the neighbors that need to get a clue, not the police.

T

tanach

I think it's funny. It'd be funny as all get-out to see a passerby kneeling down to start CPR on a straw-filled man. Maybe some people don't have that kind of sense of humor. Too bad.
I do find it funny. In the UK we have the tradition of Guy Fawkes Day. Bonfires and Fireworks are set off at parties. When I was a child a Dummy representing Guy Fawkes was made by children and we asked people for' a Penny for the Guy'
this is partly how poorer kids like myself could get money for fireworks. The' Guy' who represented the man who tried to blow up the British Parliament was burnt on the bomfire. This all happened on 5 November. We still have firework parties but
the Guy has faded into history, This is due to PC and more awareness of the possible dangers to children. Also they are more sophisticated than we were then. Halloween has really taken over now, which was barely celebrated here when I was a child.

Dec 1, 2014
My sense of humor runs the gamut but I'm not feeling this one.

Then again, I'm not down with Halloween much.

V

Viligant_Warrior

I do find it funny. In the UK we have the tradition of Guy Fawkes Day. Bonfires and Fireworks are set off at parties. When I was a child a Dummy representing Guy Fawkes was made by children and we asked people for' a Penny for the Guy'
this is partly how poorer kids like myself could get money for fireworks. The' Guy' who represented the man who tried to blow up the British Parliament was burnt on the bomfire. This all happened on 5 November. We still have firework parties but
the Guy has faded into history, This is due to PC and more awareness of the possible dangers to children. Also they are more sophisticated than we were then. Halloween has really taken over now, which was barely celebrated here when I was a child.
The Occupy Movement has revived good ol' Guy. He's their hero.

How Did Guy Fawkes Become a Symbol of Occupy Wall Street?

In Britain in the early 1980s, artist David Lloyd and writer Alan Moore created the graphic novel “V for Vendetta,” about a masked rebel named V who fights a fascist future British government. Lloyd suggested having the rebel wear a Guy Fawkes costume.

“We shouldn’t burn the chap every 5 November but celebrate his attempt to blow up Parliament!” Lloyd wrote in a 1983 essay titled “Behind the Painted Smile.”

This inverted Fawkes’ image — from traitor to hero fighting an unjust state. It also separated it from religion. The movie adaptation of “V for Vendetta” concocted a finale in which a whole movement of discontents wearing Guy Fawkes costumes watch the Houses of Parliament burn.
Here's a final ironic twist: The mask is licensed by Time Warner, which released a really bad movie version of “V for Vendetta,” so anti-big-corporation protesters buying official versions of the masks are helping enrich an example of the target of their demonstrations.

Feb 1, 2015
Look like the PD would send a unit out there and the unit would come back and say, Hey, I heard about this one in the locker room, it's Halloween decoration.

Hey, on your feet before I tass you.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I liked ' Tass-ing' someone better, reminds me of the old propaganda days.

S

skylove7

I liked ' Tass-ing' someone better, reminds me of the old propaganda days.
Well I dunno about CPR...

But I do know my grandmother's scarecrow in the garden, never made good conversation. Lol

Dec 12, 2013
Just think if it was headless and in a Muslim neighborhood.......wonder how many calls to the police then!