LAUNDRY LIST, Chapter 4, Born Again

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
LAUNDRY LIST
CHAPTER 4
Born Again

John 3:3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Not that many years ago, here in the US, the phrase "born again" had a stigma attached to it, and was not used as a compliment by the Media, Hollywood, and Political Analysts. Much like when Christians were first called Christians in Antioch, it was intended to be a slur by those using the term. However, there is no disputing the importance of being born again for Christians. All we have to do is read what Christ declared.

This rebirth occurs when we repent and come to Christ. With a sincere and contrite heart, when we confess our sins to Him, and request that He come into our lives/hearts as Lord and Savior. It is at this time when the precious blood of Christ is applied to our hearts by the Holy Spirit, and we are cleansed of all our sins and made worthy to be called a son of God.

Ephesians 4:4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 John 1:7″… the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth
us from all sin.”

Romans 3:24-25 “Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”

Cleansed of the "old mans sinful heart," we become a new man ready to be "filled" with all that the Holy Spirit has to teach us. Newborn babes in Christ, and, truly, we feed on milk until we are able to digest the meat of Gods Holy Word.

1 Corinthians 3:1) And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 2) I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3) For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Romans 6:6 - Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

John 1:12 - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This moment in our lives is when we begin our walk with Christ. When we begin the process of being "fully consecrated" to Christ! We begin to receive instruction and to grow and learn of Christ, and to become mature, "spiritual" believers Paul spoke of. Able to feast on the "meat" of Gods Holy Word. Just as an earthly baby must grow and learn and mature to go from infant to child to teenager to young adult to adulthood, so must the new Christian.

This transformation is made possible by the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit who teaches, equips and prepares us to grow in Christ.......

John 14:26) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

to being fully consecrated and we will surely be one of those Christ spoke of in the Gospel of Matthew.

Matthew 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

And this Scripture is the exact thing Christ said in John 3:16! That is why I proudly proclaim (when asked) "I am a blood bought, born again child of the Living God, and I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus the Christ."

Additional Scriptures:

Galatians 2:20) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Colossians 1:9) For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Jan 17, 2020
LAUNDRY LIST
CHAPTER 4
Born Again

John 3:3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Not that many years ago, here in the US, the phrase "born again" had a stigma attached to it, and was not used as a compliment by the Media, Hollywood, and Political Analysts. Much like when Christians were first called Christians in Antioch, it was intended to be a slur by those using the term. However, there is no disputing the importance of being born again for Christians. All we have to do is read what Christ declared.

This rebirth occurs when we repent and come to Christ. With a sincere and contrite heart, when we confess our sins to Him, and request that He come into our lives/hearts as Lord and Savior. It is at this time when the precious blood of Christ is applied to our hearts by the Holy Spirit, and we are cleansed of all our sins and made worthy to be called a son of God.

Ephesians 4:4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 John 1:7″… the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth
us from all sin.”

Romans 3:24-25 “Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”

Cleansed of the "old mans sinful heart," we become a new man ready to be "filled" with all that the Holy Spirit has to teach us. Newborn babes in Christ, and, truly, we feed on milk until we are able to digest the meat of Gods Holy Word.

1 Corinthians 3:1) And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 2) I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 3) For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Romans 6:6 - Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

John 1:12 - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This moment in our lives is when we begin our walk with Christ. When we begin the process of being "fully consecrated" to Christ! We begin to receive instruction and to grow and learn of Christ, and to become mature, "spiritual" believers Paul spoke of. Able to feast on the "meat" of Gods Holy Word. Just as an earthly baby must grow and learn and mature to go from infant to child to teenager to young adult to adulthood, so must the new Christian.

This transformation is made possible by the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit who teaches, equips and prepares us to grow in Christ.......

John 14:26) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

to being fully consecrated and we will surely be one of those Christ spoke of in the Gospel of Matthew.

Matthew 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

And this Scripture is the exact thing Christ said in John 3:16! That is why I proudly proclaim (when asked) "I am a blood bought, born again child of the Living God, and I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus the Christ."

Additional Scriptures:

Galatians 2:20) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Colossians 1:9) For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
Unless first born again, you cannot come to Christ. You will come to an idol you think is Christ.

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
Unless first born again, you cannot come to Christ. You will come to an idol you think is Christ.
Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

John 1:12-13 King James Version (KJV)
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Its God's will that everyone believes on the Son

Jan 17, 2020
Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

“For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;” Philippians 1:29 (KJV 1900)

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
“For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;” Philippians 1:29 (KJV 1900)
Calvinism detected. What next, Romans 9?

I know the chapters, should I also pull out the many many many proof-texts for my position? We can do it in another thread.

Jan 17, 2020
Calvinism detected. What next, Romans 9?

I know the chapters, should I also pull out the many many many proof-texts for my position? We can do it in another thread.
What if Calvinism is true? Where does that leave you?

E

eternally-gratefull

One must be born again, if they are not, they are still dead in christ and have not past from life till death

those who pass on from death to life have what Jesus called ETERNAL LIFE. As he said in John 6, they will never die, live forever, and have his perfect assurance they WILL be raised from the dead.

The term “endure to the end” is meant for tribulation saints living until christ returned, if they endure, they will (live) through the great tribulation, be saved out of it, and enter the millennial ego with Christ (what an honor and spectacular sight that would be) to add it in to the term ”born gain” waters it down, as it appears to say one cna be “born again” and die again after this new birth

other that that, the OP is spot on. We should not be afraid to be called children of God but sadly terms can be connected to some bad things, and then the term becomes tainted. Like Born again, OSAS, Baptized and many other terms that are not even used in a way they are originally intended and are the cause of many fights because of the misunderstanding.

lets praise God..he is the reason

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
What if Calvinism is true? Where does that leave you?
If Calvinism is true, it leaves me to the same place it leaves you, luck of the draw. If I am born elect I will be saved, if not, I wont.

I wouldnt be too high minded as a Calvinist because there is always a chance God has only deceived you into thinking you're a Christian but are just a tare. One of the many reasons I dont believe in it ;) That and this group is famous for quenching the Holy Spirit.

Jan 17, 2020
If Calvinism is true, it leaves me to the same place it leaves you, luck of the draw. If I am born elect I will be saved, if not, I wont.

I wouldnt be too high minded as a Calvinist because there is always a chance God has only deceived you into thinking you're a Christian but are just a tare. One of the many reasons I dont believe in it ;) That and this group is famous for quenching the Holy Spirit.
The problem with your reasoning is where Jesus says his sheep hear his voice. And if Calvin and any other Reformed teacher is his voice, you do not hear it.

Kolistus

Feb 3, 2020
The problem with your reasoning is where Jesus says his sheep hear his voice. And if Calvin and any other Reformed teacher is his voice, you do not hear it.
Jesus' voice is not the voice of Calvin or any other reformer.

The voice of Jesus is the voice of JESUS

Jan 17, 2020
Jesus' voice is not the voice of Calvin or any other reformer.

The voice of Jesus is the voice of JESUS
So nobody gets saved unless they hear him? Preachers don't cut it?

Jan 17, 2020
Hearing alone does nothing yes. The verse continues on to say follow as well
That's not the point. The point is God speaks his word through teachers he placed in the church like Calvin.

E

EleventhHour

Amen :)

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
Do you think someone could be telling you the truth if they say they haven't been born again but say they have seen the Kingdom of God? Or does it prove they haven't seen the Kingdom of God because they haven't been born again?

Jan 17, 2020
Do you think someone could be telling you the truth if they say they haven't been born again but say they have seen the Kingdom of God? Or does it prove they haven't seen the Kingdom of God because they haven't been born again?
“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3 (KJV 1900)

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3 (KJV 1900)
I perceive that if a man has not seen the kingdom of God then he wouldn't need to be born again.

Jan 17, 2020
I perceive that if a man has not seen the kingdom of God then he wouldn't need to be born again.
It came on schedule at the time of the Roman Empire in the first century. But it was spiritual. Only the born again could see it. Many think it was to be physical so just like the Pharisees, they missed it and still look for a physical version, a new Roman Empire and all.

UnoiAmarah

Jul 28, 2017
It came on schedule at the time of the Roman Empire in the first century. But it was spiritual. Only the born again could see it. Many think it was to be physical so just like the Pharisees, they missed it and still look for a physical version, a new Roman Empire and all.
Yes, that is why he liken Nicodemus as being one born of the Spirit, they see the word but can't hear the truth.

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah......the Matthew 24 quote has nothing to do with salvation of the soul.......amazing how many yank this verse to peddle a self sustained salvation while ignoring the context of the chapter.