Leaving a Leagacy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

violakat

Who in your life has influenced you the most, and how?

Have you ever been or tried to influences others? If so, how?

G

GreenNnice

Who in your life has influenced you the most, and how?

Have you ever been or tried to influences others? If so, how?
--------------
For guys, I think it's usually dad. WE want to be like our dad. I am no different. My dad has gone through a lot of in life (three marriages) but he is still a man of God and just because we are christian doesn't mean we are immune to divorice definitely applies to my dear ole dad (said in that Quickdraw McGraw Jr.'s voice :D ) I am being serious too but, yeah, dad's mannerisms have always been the same, rarely, IF EVER, does he REALLY get excited over something. He just works hard and has always been a great dad.

My mom, too, she was a working mother growing up, doing nursing and raising kids, she always took us to movies and fun things to do growing up and she always tried her best and her mannerisms are very similar to my dad, doesn't get riled and both are definitely 'E' personalities in an 'I' body, IF going by the Meyers Briggs test. I always know in my head dad would have made a GREAT PASTOR, his deep drone and convincing tone is very, well, convincing :D but he always has logged pretty much all his life , running own business, employing a lot of people and finds ways to be succesfful through all the pain of marriages lost in his life. The Lord has led my dad, 76 and life, still , to this day, works hard morning, noon, night in a lot of different ways including driving bus for kids Saturday mornings and working at thrift store volunteering when not taking trees out of peoples yards Mon. to Friday .

I want my legacy to be far-reaching to show I did what God wanted in my life, just like my dear ole dad :)

C

CHCSurvivor

My influence in life has mostly been my friends - Through their experiences in life have I learned things to do and not to do throughout my lifetime. Over the past few months there are a few people here in CC who have become like family and influence me to do better and be a better person in SO many ways - God is good to have blessed me with these people.

I have tried to be an influence and a good example for children around me but especially for my Godsons who are 6 and 5.

G

GreenNnice

My influence in life has mostly been my friends - Through their experiences in life have I learned things to do and not to do throughout my lifetime. Over the past few months there are a few people here in CC who have become like family and influence me to do better and be a better person in SO many ways - God is good to have blessed me with these people.

I have tried to be an influence and a good example for children around me but especially for my Godsons who are 6 and 5.
_______
chcSURVIVOR,

I have friends too, on c.c., in past, and, oh, OK, some of you now in the p-p-p-p-pUHr-r-r-r-r-r-r-resent.

Sheesh, that felt like I was pulling out my green teeth and my matter in my brains was hurting when I was trying to get that out of meself :D OK, just kidding, you ALL (well, except the INFJ's, STAY away ! :D ) are great fun and I do read things from y'all that help me in my life. Thanks, friends, God bless the all of you, OK, sigh, yeah, you, too 'INFJ's' (sworn enemies of ENFJ's :D . :)

V

violakat

_______
chcSURVIVOR,

I have friends too, on c.c., in past, and, oh, OK, some of you now in the p-p-p-p-pUHr-r-r-r-r-r-r-resent.

Sheesh, that felt like I was pulling out my green teeth and my matter in my brains was hurting when I was trying to get that out of meself :D OK, just kidding, you ALL (well, except the INFJ's, STAY away ! :D ) are great fun and I do read things from y'all that help me in my life. Thanks, friends, God bless the all of you, OK, sigh, yeah, you, too 'INFJ's' (sworn enemies of ENFJ's :D . :)
I think I'm glad I'm not an INFJ

B

barukhmalachi

We all have an influence even if you don't realize it whether good or bad. Even over people you don't know. Say you're at a store waiting in line to check out. The cashier is busy but over hears you talking about god or something to someone else in line. Something you said may be an answer to the cashiers prayer. Or if its your turn to check out and you get mad that something rang up wrong and chew cashier out after they heard you talking bout god. You may not even know you just answered a prayee or turned someone away from christ forever. You have influence whether you want to or not or whether you know it or not

S

Siberian_Khatru

(sworn enemies of ENFJ's :D . :)
Psh, those are not your enemies, let alone that have influence over you. There is only one enemy in this regard.

I consider influence and impact similar, but not identical. My first love, for example, had a considerable "impact" on my life. My experiences with her have shaped me. But does she "influence" me? Not so much.

I'm influenced by many things for many reasons: Musicianship, human nature, Scriptures, etc. Not necessarily in that order. ;)

G

GreenNnice

Psh, those are not your enemies, let alone that have influence over you. There is only one enemy in this regard.

I consider influence and impact similar, but not identical. My first love, for example, had a considerable "impact" on my life. My experiences with her have shaped me. But does she "influence" me? Not so much.

I'm influenced by many things for many reasons: Musicianship, human nature, Scriptures, etc. Not necessarily in that order. ;)
________
SaberCat, not sure what you are saying, and, I was just being daffy about 'sworn enemies' . The Lord leads. I will let Him lead and a ISTJ is just another personality type to me that God gave and He can put us together with ANYONE !

Will you marry me, ISTJ :D

I could be wrong but I think you have your order switched, your girl friend influenced your life while you were with her but you don't see her having any lasting impact on your life .

I think, as far as being influential or impactful, both those words are similar but different as you say/ Our lives show an IMPACT , which is a greater degree of change than influence. if that makes any sense. That is how I see what you are saying, have I influenced you :)

. The personality types are just something more God can use , will he use your ISTJ or whatever you are ? I don't know. But He could and surely does for some . The Lord leads my life and EVERYTHING I do, waking moment, sleeping moment, dreaming moment, is from Him.

Afterall, He can kill my waking, nix my sleeping, and, drop my dreams, whenever He wants. God is in TOTAL control of my life. Your life too :)

All our lives are from Him and need to be lived for Him :)

We want to, through the Holy Spirit in us, influence others to seek Christ through our simple telling of what God has done in our life. And, then, we let the Holy Spirit work through them that they can be saved, that would be 'lasting impact.' :)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jullianna

I have been influenced by so many people: my stepfather mostly, my mom, my great-gramma who rattled the gates of hell when she prayed :), my older siblings, my late husband, pastors, teachers, even my son. God uses so many people to teach and mold us if we are paying attention. Other than family and God, Himself, I would have to say that the one person who has had the greatest impact on my walk with the Lord is a older gentleman who taught my adult Sunday School class. My late husband's mother is a very godly woman and I have learned so much from her. I'm still learning. :)

If God can use any part of my life to encourage or teach anyone anything, that would be a blessing. I would hope they would learn the most from my mistakes so that they would not make the same mistakes and suffer the same consequences (which is why I tend to lay my life out so openly in these forums), but that may be unreasonable. :) If I leave a legacy of anything, I pray that I can reflect His unending love and service; but apart from Him, I know I can do nothing.