leaving for a while

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

I feel led to lead Christian Chat for a while. I don't know for how long. It could be a week. It could be a year, but I feel like my asking for prayer hear is only stirring up frustrations for people. I have tried my best not respond defensively to posts, though I'm sure I've been unsuccessful occassionally.
Some you realize that while I have been in a very difficult season of my life this past year, God is doing something in me. Thank you for those of you who recognize that. Some of you however aree only frustrated by me. I mean no one frustration. But I will say this. I do not wish to offend. I mean this in the utmost of love because I too understand what it's like to feel like someone is just not getting it.
1) You never know what God is doing in a person. They may not understand. They may not be able to articulate it. But God is always at work.
2) You cannot judge a person's heart, especially across a chat site. You do not know their motivations. We look at their messages. We see their desperate cries that are peppered with drama and strife. God see's their heart. Remember that David was a pretty pitiful man during many parts of his life.
3) First rule of communication: validate the other person's feelings. Even if you can only understand a very small part, validate it. Tell them that they're experience is normal.
4) Do not impulsively send messages. If you are ready to tell a person how pitiful they are (even nicely) do not. Take a break. Do something else. If the Lord keeps reminding you, then thoughfully formulate a message using the sandwhich method. Do not vomit emotional frenzy in a reply to someone.
5) There are deep wounds that few can understand. If you do not have those deep wounds, or feel like you are above your deep wounds, then BE VERY CAREFUL how you respond. Your messages could very well be judgemental.

I hope that during my time here I have given hope to some people and spoke truth to them. I do know that God is doing something in me. Though many of you think I've fallen off the deep end, I am faithful. I will not leave the Lord. Sometimes I dig myself in because I feel like I'm bout to be sucked away by a whirlwind, but I WILL NOT leave the Lord.

May God bless you and keep you. May He show you the depth of His grace. May He surround you with his lovingkindness and cover you in His banner of love. May you always know who He is and who you are, and be surrounded by people who will remind you of those truths no matter how many times you don't believe them. I pray that you will be deeply rooted and established in His love for you, that you will know how wide and long and deep and high it is for you. I pray you will extend the love and grace that you have received freely to others, and without repayment. May the Lord, who was and is and forever will be, continue the work He began in you until it is perfected; and may we all have the eyes to see that work being done in others no matter how different it looks from the work in our lives.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Huge hugs Jordache,
Please , if you ever need, pm me.
Im always willing to listen, and will continue to pray in Jesus for you.
If you can, just let us know you are doing ok, I will be thinking of you often in Jesus.

May Jesus bless you and keep you as you continue to heal and find joy!
Hugs and God bless
pickles

ps, I do hope you will stay, or return soon. :)

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Am short of words... I pray God may continue guiding you home, I will keep you in my prayers and I guess we will miss you. God bless

May 18, 2010
I wouldn't that you leave, never give up on your prayers, never give in to the lies of satan. Christians are beings of love and mercy, and we are slow to anger or frustrate...If you do want to leave, I hope for the best for you, and God bless...but I would that you stay.

W

wwjd_kilden

*hugs*

Breaks can be good, if it means spending time with God :) (But I do hope to see you back!)

S

shekaniah

Jordache,

Like Pickles has posted, you can pm me too, I will pray for you anytime.
God bless you and keep you, may His light shine upon your life!
May you seek His strength and Wisdom,
In Jesus Name, Amen

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for you sweetie. Hope you come back soon :)

Sometimes, you just have to 'ignore' particular people ;)

Oct 20, 2011
Well just remember this saying "God helps those who help themselves". Half of any miricle is up to you. So don't just pray about it, go do something about it and God will help you to make positive changes happen. Good luck. God bless you

Keenen

Apr 20, 2012
l.facebook.com
I will be praying for you. Have faith that God is leading you right no matter what others tell you. Don't listen to them just listen to God and he will direct your path. :)

L

Livi94

Ill be praying! <3

~Olivia