Lectio Divina

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
yes but is hard for people to know what is not biblical practices when they learn these techniques from the pulpit of people their parents tell them are Christian and their leaders and should be trusted. most kids have not read the whole Bible and many people don't think it is necessary. I never will understand why not. Plan on making my kids read it when they are older even if I have to read each page to them a page a night.

so yeah you can open the door by practicing things that are occult but most people don't realize it is occult because it has the sheep clothes that call it "spirit" and "talking to God" and the spirits are call "angels" and most think "spirit guides" and "guardian angels" a good thing.

think about it how many stories of "guardian angels" have you heard? I heard a lot in church and how was I to know the being claiming to be my "guardian angel" was not? especially when people shy from talking about what true spiritual warfare is and the media is full of occult and eastern religious practices of how to fight demons using demonic weapons.

sorry for ranting but yeah its a big problem. I guess we can pray about it and speak truth when possible.
Maybe rather than discounting all spiritual experience we should be teaching the true spiritually of God through the Holy Spirit.

A

AnandaHya

Maybe rather than discounting all spiritual experience we should be teaching the true spiritually of God through the Holy Spirit.
but VW they have done that, you just don't click on links that is why you miss it. I tried re-posting some of the stuff the links said but its kind of long and easier if you just click on the link and see what they are pointing people to yourself. Most is a more in depth study of the Bible and the true meaning of the words and how to distinguish between false and lying spirits, etc.

A

Abiding

but VW they have done that, you just don't click on links that is why you miss it. I tried re-posting some of the stuff the links said but its kind of long and easier if you just click on the link and see what they are pointing people to yourself. Most is a more in depth study of the Bible and the true meaning of the words and how to distinguish between false and lying spirits, etc.

AnandaHya :) I just read from your last rant......to here. Now a rant-reply. I wont name names but here
in these forums and in those chattrooms all I hear is that the country made me do it, the parents made me do it,
the church made me do it, my ex made me do it....on and on. Like u said there have been plenty links.

Strange according to my bible and my experience in life the Holyspirit has been romancing me and giving
drops of grace since i was born. My life has had a trainwreck or two. And i spent some of it blind and wasted
some years. And Im blessed to know it was My fault.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
If they have been taught and still go to false and lying spirits then it is on their own head.

Personally, I have had very little experience with teaching about walking in the Spirit, that is actually taught in the light of the Holy Spirit. But then again, I have very little experience as it is.;

Thanks for your kind answer,
In Christ,

A

AnandaHya

AnandaHya :) I just read from your last rant......to here. Now a rant-reply. I wont name names but here
in these forums and in those chattrooms all I hear is that the country made me do it, the parents made me do it,
the church made me do it, my ex made me do it....on and on. Like u said there have been plenty links.

Strange according to my bible and my experience in life the Holyspirit has been romancing me and giving
drops of grace since i was born. My life has had a trainwreck or two. And i spent some of it blind and wasted
some years. And Im blessed to know it was My fault.
yes the Bible speaks of it as godly sorrow and I pray that everyone experiences it so they can repent and turn back to God and away from their lusts and this world and current age of lies and illusions. fleeting pleasures, like candy will give you a stomach ache without ever fulfilling and nourishing you as God's Word and Truth does.

2 Corinthians 7:10-12
New King James Version (NKJV)
10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. 11 For observe this very thing, that you sorrowed in a godly manner: What diligence it produced in you, what clearing of yourselves, what indignation, what fear, what vehement desire, what zeal, what vindication! In all things you proved yourselves to be clear in this matter. 12 Therefore, although I wrote to you, I did not do it for the sake of him who had done the wrong, nor for the sake of him who suffered wrong, but that our care for you in the sight of God might appear to you.

A

Abiding

or those cookies done yet: :)

A

AnandaHya

If they have been taught and still go to false and lying spirits then it is on their own head.

Personally, I have had very little experience with teaching about walking in the Spirit, that is actually taught in the light of the Holy Spirit. But then again, I have very little experience as it is.;

Thanks for your kind answer,
In Christ,
Yes I know, what most take for pride I know in my heart is just immaturity. lol its hard to recognize when we are so immature ourselves. the only way I am able to is because God has blessed me with people who have the maturity of Christ in their lives and they are my encouragement and inspiration. :)

The pastor who baptized me would listen to my countless questions and answer when he was given the words to answer or point me to Bible passages but more often then not he would simply say. "I'm sorry you are in pain, let us pray to Our Heavenly Father and place it before His throne. "Or " I don't know the answers to your questions but God does, let us pray to Him"

And unlike so many people I know he did not wait, but dropped whatever he was doing and would pray with me. By watching him I saw what a true mature man of God should look like. He had patience, kindness, peace, love, self control and never thought it abnormal to be asked to do things for the sake of others.

though I do wished he'd stop digging three ditches in a day and hurting his back, he tends to forget he's not as young as he used to be. But I guess that is what makes him human :)

Anyway I hope you grow in the knowledge of Christ and listen to those God sends you to help you and for you to help :) You know shepherd boys have to grow up and learn how to fight off wolves and protect the flock right? :)

A

Abiding

Yumm! Oh my Yumm!..glug glug....ty ty ty

I teethed on em :)