Left my first love!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

Forgiven66

Nevertheless I have some what against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Revelation 2:4

I know that I have left; or even lost my first love. The problem being that I don't see the promise of God of not being tempted above that I'm able (I Corinthians 10:12-13). I have been carrying a burden that I have earnestly ask for God's healing since July 2001 it is not a sin, so much as a physical ailment. I have seen several doctors, but they have not been able to help; the last two weeks I have really turn to my old nature fouled mouth, anger, and total hatre for everything and everybody especially myself and God.

If I'm truly a child of God, thru the Blood of Jesus why has He allowed this ailment, which very few suffer. Even though this burden is not a sin, it makes me feel lower than any sin I have ever committed.

Not only do I need pray for this ailment, but for my heart as it is becoming totally hardened against the things of God.

L

Lcjacobs

Hi Forgiven

I think you should stop seeing the ailment and see what the Lord is trying to teach
For me usually anthing bad is good there is something there I am meant to learn or take with me for the next challenge
And if you ask God why all the time there will be no answer and no healing in your heart
If you ask how you might find answers and how you may change your heart because of this
Your spirits might be lifted and you will see light at the end of the tunnel and you can use your experience to teach others to come closer to God.
So use it to God s advantage and see change.
The word why is very dangerous ask how

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
Dear brother,
Never did God promise a life without suffering for those who follow Him. On the contrary, He warned us that we were going to face suffering on this earth. But what He promised us is His ever present help in times of need. As to your physical condition, you are not being tempted, you are being tried, and maybe God allowed it so that you may know the wretchedness of your heart and repent. Did you refer to the elders of the church for confession, anointing and prayer for healing?

R

Ramon

My friend, consider Job, how he was afflicted for no reason at all, for a test of his loyalty. And in all of it he did not curse God, nor blame him, as it is not God who afflicts but Satan.

Many people who have been promised temporary gospels do not remain in Christ because they are like the ground that heard the word, received it gladly, but had no root in themselves. Without the root it is easy to stray. It was written:

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

May Jesus bless you. Let's have faith and see the wonders of our Lord.

D

dmdave17

Dear Forgiven66,

No less a believer than the Apostle, Paul suffered throughout his life. Not only did he endure beatings, shipwrecks and imprisonment, he had some kind of physical ailment which was constantly with him. In 2 Corinthians, he wrote "...Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." ("I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.") (2 Corinthians 12:7-10, emphasis added)

Instead of questioning and resisting the Lord, you should be looking to him for comfort. In Isaiah 51, verse 11, He says, “I, even I, am he who comforts you." And in Isaiah 49, verse 11, the prophet reinforces the concept, "Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains!
For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones." (emphasis added)

What you are going through must be very painful, physically and spiritually, but you are not unique. I will not tell you that everything is ok, nor will I attempt to downplay your ailment. But I can tell you from personal experience that God is faithful to His promises. If you let Him, He will shower you with His love and compassion. He will walk with you during your time of trouble; and He will engineer your healing when His time is right.

God be with you in your struggles.

Last edited:
M

momonamission

All of us have strayed away from the God who saved and loves us. First of all God understands your feelings, and your bitterness, He awaits your repentance, and wants to restore the a personal relationship with you. You can do it!

N

NMsmile

Forgiven66 it is clear to me that you know the word and that you know truth. I completely understand the underlying tone of frustration with not only yourself but with the situation you find yourself in. I want to encourage you. I want you to know that God has wonderful things for you and the great thing is that he loves us in spite of ourselves! Be kind to yourself ... you are in my prayers.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for all you ask and need in Jesus Christ is Lord!
Ive battled an illness for 20 yrs now, Jesus brings all that is His glory and victory in our weakness.
For it is not about why, but that in Jesus, we know His great love and victory over all that is .
As Jesus said, in this world you will have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world.
Through tears filled with praise, this victory is found!
Huge hugs, Its never an easy thing to do, but Jesus will bring you in this to an understanding and love that will dazzle you. :)
Jesus is always close to the broken hearted.
Tears shed in the night, will bring joy in the morning. :)

Hugs and God Bless.
pickles