legal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

nicknick1

Wife is filing for legal separation.Isn't that a sin among Christians as there is a verse in the Bible stating we should consult with che church elders instead of the world.She will not consider counseling or anything else that has to do with reconcilliation.We already have been apart for 2 months.Praying very hard.By the way no adultery to my knowledge has been commited or abuse.It seem like the woman I married has gotten tired of God's way.Praying very hard for God to restore our marriage and family unit.We have been married for 21 years and have a 12 year old.This is very hard on him as his grades are slipping.She says this is what she wants,but is angry sounding whenever i speak with her on the phone.any thoughts?

U

Ugly

Well, if she seems to be turning her back on both you and God, the bible says if the unbeliever wants to divorce, then let them and don't fight it. I'm not sure where her stance is with God, but from the way you're wording is, it sounds like she's turning from God. So, if thats the case, of course she's not going to consult the church. Trying to hold church standards to someone who doesn't, or is no longer, follow God is pointless.

C

chuinchoy

why did your wife suddenly wants a divorce? I believed definately there is a reason. I would suggest you to find out what the reasons are and TRY to reslove it rather than taking the easy way out.

F

FormerPooky

If your wife is a Christian and her heart is hardened, does that make her a non-believer?

F

FormerPooky

Geez chuichoy, he never said he was taking the easyway out. It sounds like he is fighting for his marriage..

U

Ugly

Geez chuichoy, he never said he was taking the easyway out. It sounds like he is fighting for his marriage..
Yeah, he's discredit himself as one to give advice when he told a man to kidnap his wife to cast demons out of her. And he thinks anyone and everyone who divorces, no matter what, is taking the easy way out. He doesn't look at each situation, he just has this closed minded blanket mindset that he throws at everyone without any thought put into what he says.
Every post i've seen him in where someone faces divorce he says that 'easy way out' line, even if the person is against the divorce.

C

chuinchoy

Instead of resolving the marriage problem, we choose to leave the marriage...... isn't it taking the easy way out?l

J

Jullianna

If she doesn't respond well when you talk with her, is there someone else from your church or a family member who could contact her and encourage her to seek christian counseling for the two of you, or even family counseling since this seems to be so difficult for your child? How is she responding to your 12 old? Does she realize what this is doing to him/her?

Stand strong for the Lord and for your family, brother. Our prayers are with you.